:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Unique so far, a 4vs4vs4 match
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Unique so far, a 4vs4vs4 match Reply with quote

I think this is worth a line of news, {hLk}, <KoR> and CW clans pulled off a 3way clan match. Must have been amazing and terribly fun - and it enforced a few BIGGER maps than usual. Heh guess what, no Deck Smile

http://www.gstnetworks.net/~hlk/Matchs/3clanjan05/3clans.php

They should have invited }TCP{ then it would have been a 4vs4vs4vs4 *hint*cough*hint*

}TCP{Viper//
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah =) Embarassed
For Custom Title Contact Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the same time ? :O then we need 4 of me :l make clones :O
Xavious
Vae Victus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fun...
}TCP{Ramses
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Very Happy
Kobra
-=SnAkEbOy=-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest to the cee to make the tcp 2on2 tourney like that :/
..he said no :l
UltraSonic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont we all do a 4 way clan match Smile I dont mind hosting a server for this sized match Smile
DHrdW
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

I can honestly say it indeed was a great match, no cheating, no spawnkilling or what so ever, just a big match with alotta friendly people having alotta fun, everybody in it had a real blast.

Our clan picked DmAgonizer and DmObservatory, that last map is the only thing i did regret in the match, its far from origional. If it was up to me i would have picked another big map like DmMatrix or something like that.

But apart from that, yeah all went great, of course it took each map some time to get all the players in, but really who cares, seeing the time it took to play the maps, its just a minor thingy to wait for that.

All together the match took some 3 and half hours, so it was a long sit lol, but worth every minute of it.

In the setup Deathstalker (who organised the match) made, each clan was alowed to pick 2 large maps, regardless if the other clans knew the maps or not. The only mandatorial map was map number 7, DmVertical+, making that the tiebreaker.

At start there were 2 spectator spots reserved for each clan, making it a 18 player server, but after the second map (Agonizer), Havok pulled that plug so all other maps were played without any spectators to get the lag down.

Of course it would have been great if we would have won the match, we came real close doing so, but for myself, the fun and excitement was much more important than winning.

Lol, damn HLk was incredible lucky on two maps. Twice winning on on friggen frag Very Happy Very Happy

DmObservatory
HLK 100 - CW 99
DmZahltagRemix
HLK 100 - KOR 99

Lol and take a look at our roster: 3CLAN MATCHROSTER (, scroll a bit down for the 3 clan roster) Our biggest roster so far. Cause it was not only 3 clans, but also 7 maps.........

Wouldn't have missed it for the world Smile , and we are certainly looking forward to a next one in time Smile Smile
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL get your records straight, you do not have a player named "Silencer". Your player is named "TheSilencer", "Silencer" is {hLk} Razz

hghehehe

Taz
For Custom Title Contact Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraSonic wrote:
why dont we all do a 4 way clan match Smile I dont mind hosting a server for this sized match Smile

good idea :O
}TCP{Carnage
-=HeAdShOt=-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe that would be totaly sweet Smile

We tried this once on the 10 mbit server we had but it didn't cut it .. damn 500 mhz thingy :/

Unreal 1 - 32 slot 227h- }TCP{ Funhouse #6 [MonsterMash !!]-:: Go There ::-
Unreal 1 - 8 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #7 [TeamArenaMaster !!] -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #1 [TAM / Freezetag] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 32 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #2 [Freon Madness] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 2/4 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #3 [1vs1 or 2 vs 2] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #4 [ONS/TAM/AM/Moso 12p] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 8 slot }TCP{FunHouse #5 [TAM/1on1-DM] !! -:: Go There ::-

Open Source Beer
The }TCP{ Website
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
minus-(DOG)-
}TCP{Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Gtf is not about clan matches that really sounds like alot of fun.I know our server can handle 12 easy...........maybe I will talk to SW about hosting one of those for kicks.I'll get back to ya's Cool
SpikeMan
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should think hosting a server like that wouldnt be any problem for me, and my dads computer. It's all about the timing Wink

If y'all like to I can make one, so u guys can play without having to worry bout crap happening in the background on the comp and shit like that. ??
Xavious
Vae Victus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHrdW wrote:

Our clan picked DmAgonizer

WOOOOOOT!

my fave map now
DHrdW
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never saw that map Xavious ?

I think its one of the best designs i have ever seen in Unreal, you have to be carefull not to toss your own teammembers in the tox though Very Happy , as with all big maps its a bit laggy, but great to play, awsome design.............

And if you guys want to organise matches like that, the all important thing in our match why it all went so good, IS using big maps. Big maps prevent trouble like accidental spawnkills to begin with !!! Remember you are talking about 12 or 16 players...............

That also makes it more posible to go play on tactics, in Agoniser we really had most of the time 3 gangs running around, trying to hold a certain part of the map, that was pretty cool to see on itself lol. Half the the time you saw 2 clans meet from oposite sides, an actual fight with 2 complete teams forming a frontline against the other team Smile , in small maps its still most of the time running in between eachother................

So yeah, picking big maps is a must, i think by not doing so you could ruin the match upfront to be honest.

To make it successfull:

- Use big maps, theres plenty (read: tons) of them.
- Having no choice about the other clans maps is a PLUS, it prevents arguments like, we dunno that map, we never played it, its laggy.
- Agreeing with yourself and clan, winning is cool, but fun is better.
- Be patience in the server, it takes time to get all players from multiple clans in with different organisations, of course a good matchleader can do alot there............... TeamSpeak is a great tool for that !!!

And now i think of it, maybe its even better to have one TS server for all the clans involved each on their own channel with an extra 4th channel so the leaders can contact eachother fast if needed. Should aslo give a cool screenshot, a packed TS server Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= News =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: