:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
UTeamFix 9E public release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xavious
Vae Victus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo im bak. had a nice holiday and all..

but anyways, id also like to praise wolf.

thank you, wolf, for all that you have done for unreal. you are truly a good guy, who will always help out and is a fair player always. you dont deserve the 'situation' that your in just now, your a great scripter and you deserve a good job and everything. u team fix is the best thing anyone has ever done for unreal deathmatch and team deathmatch, and ill be looking forward to what your doing for coop.

well, that sounded lame but i think u get my point.
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtfulDodger wrote:
Question (on topic) today i settled my server back to 1v1 with...u guess it deck Razz anyway when a spec enters the servers says 1/2 players when there no current players..just 1 spectator..at advanced i setted countspecasplayer (or something) to false...

I don't think it is UTeamFix related. This setting worked before and was never changed again.

You are likely using Kerberos, check those settings.

I am willing to help whenever someone asks something but this could be the 2nd time I am being asked something about UTeamFix which is (likely) not related to it. I would appreciate it if people checked everything they are running first before just "blaming the latest new addition mod". Last time it turned out to be the combination of several mods whereas every mod alone was perfect...

}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavious wrote:
well, that sounded lame but i think u get my point.

lol Wink

}TCP{Carnage
-=HeAdShOt=-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a setting in kerberos called Bcountrealplayers or something similar.. should be the first one on top in the kerberos udp thingy..

If u set that one to true the specs won't show in the playerlist

Cheers
Car Smile

Unreal 1 - 32 slot 227h- }TCP{ Funhouse #6 [MonsterMash !!]-:: Go There ::-
Unreal 1 - 8 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #7 [TeamArenaMaster !!] -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #1 [TAM / Freezetag] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 32 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #2 [Freon Madness] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 2/4 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #3 [1vs1 or 2 vs 2] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #4 [ONS/TAM/AM/Moso 12p] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 8 slot }TCP{FunHouse #5 [TAM/1on1-DM] !! -:: Go There ::-

Open Source Beer
The }TCP{ Website
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
[IP][DarkDevil]
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
ArtfulDodger wrote:
Question (on topic) today i settled my server back to 1v1 with...u guess it deck Razz anyway when a spec enters the servers says 1/2 players when there no current players..just 1 spectator..at advanced i setted countspecasplayer (or something) to false...

I don't think it is UTeamFix related. This setting worked before and was never changed again.

You are likely using Kerberos, check those settings.

I am willing to help whenever someone asks something but this could be the 2nd time I am being asked something about UTeamFix which is (likely) not related to it. I would appreciate it if people checked everything they are running first before just "blaming the latest new addition mod". Last time it turned out to be the combination of several mods whereas every mod alone was perfect...

Yeah like i do Cool Checking the whole readme before running it Cool Cool
}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read readme, because I only use it client side. And have to post a bug, because it is big disadventage caused by, I think, badly written code. Here it is:
After map change there is the time when players come and can go, pickup, fight, and all is going well, but after amount of time there is summoning of bots and lag horror starts Evil or Very Mad Even after spawn all bots lag remains for a while. Maybe better idea is to create all bots during 'fly by' and destroy them if there is too much bots? dunno; Wolf you are code master, so you should know better what and why.
And second thing: Again about spawnkilling bots. Do you remember my short topic in mods section about spawn protection? You posted you think already implemented kind is enough. OK, I could agree if we talk about players who don't hit every shot Laughing But for bots it's far unsatisfactory. Is it realy so hard to add something like:
Code:
if ( killed.spawnprotection = true ) and ( me is bot ) then suicide

Question Question Question
or probably version you could like more:
Code:
if ( me is bot ) and ( target.spawnprotection = true ) then find_next_target
Wink
Xavious
Vae Victus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom. Brave. You tell him, alice.
}TCP{Cloud
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Wolfy, as soon as my server is back up ill check kerberos's settings Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right Alice...

First off, the bot support has just started, so some issues are remaining, I never hid that fact. What you're describing doesn't sound very likely at least in the proposed manner. Check your settings... If you want no bots at all, just set the maximum nubmer of allowed bots to 0 and you'll be safe unless you summon them yourself.

How many bots arrive and go is purely setting-controlled, so you must have entered some large numbers somewhere, because by default, no bots come!!! I know this because I made it so lol.

As for bots attacking invulnerable targets, yes there is one small thing remaining, I am amazed it happenes so often with you though. Maybe they just don't like you Razz

If they're hitting every shot though, again that's purely setting controlled, just reduce their skill.

And if you had read the readme (using it clientside is no excuse for not reading it) you would have known about the bot settings already :O

People really cry "bug" too soon. Check your settings! If you summon 16 bots and you complain about lag you might check against your CPU and RAM if they can handle it before complaining... just don't add so many bots if your machine is outmaxed sooner... simple as that.

[IP][DarkDevil]
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont put the base skill settings on 53 instead of 2 or something.
Thats a very good tip i can asure you that Razz Laughing
}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
Check your settings... If you want no bots at all, just set the maximum nubmer of allowed bots to 0 and you'll be safe unless you summon them yourself.

I said I use it only client side. Just I played with Angloid at don't-remember-name server Rolling Eyes , not mine, and noticed what described above.

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
As for bots... Maybe they just don't like you Razz

Here you are! You have implemented:
Code:
 if ( target.name = '}TCP{aLICe' ) then follow_and_shoot_until_he's_dead;

to make me whining Razz

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
If they're hitting every shot...
People really cry "bug" too soon.... your CPU and RAM if they can handle it before complaining...

1) I don't complain bots skills were too high.
2) I do complain of:
lag when bots are summoning (unfortunately I die too often during this "period"; next whine_alice feature Razz )
3) I still think my suggestions about spawnkill protection should be considered and best of them implemented. Maybe someone has better ideas how to do it; or everyone is happy with current solution Confused
4) Not my server (my gaming pc can handle enough, now Very Happy )

BTW:
I have much respect for your great job Wolf ( somebody might think something different after read my posts Confused )
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one other thing, if you're on dial up and you are on a server with many bots, of course you'll lag a bit more because Unreal is having a hell of a time deciding what to send to you.

Other things I can think of, if you use OpenGL+S3TC there may be hitches (not related to UTeamFix at all but to your video driver) under certain circumstances, which is why I use D3D (would rather use OpenGL because it looks much better).

Can't think of anything else right now aside from the admin of that particular server having some fun messing with settings...

DHrdW
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't have time to post this sooner, but a few weeks ago i found out something weird.

Silencer from our clan had been modding DmDakar (extra 200 and boots), he did sent me the map by mail so i could upload it to our server. Before that i opened the map in my Unreal to see if all was correct, to my surprise the main room didn't have a ceiling but a skybox.

To make a long story a bit shorter, i tested all maps we have on our site, and they all had skyboxes instead of a ceiling ????? I asked Deathstalker HLK to rotate his server to DmDakar, and for sure it had a normal ceiling.

I took that one out of cache and did run it in my Unreal, and ceiling is gone again lol Shocked ????

All the people i asked to run it at home had the same thing, i myself installed a server from scratch, went inthere and it had no ceiling, i installed Teamfix, tried again and there it was, a ceiling.

Somehow teamfix is the link, but why?, any remarks on how that is possible Smile ?
Xavious
Vae Victus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now thats just damn interesting...

there is only 1 variable which could change the cieling to a skybox and that is to set the texture to "fake backdrop"

but the information on which textures are set to fake backdrop ae contained in the maps...and uteamfix doesnt do anything with the textures...well not that i know anyway...
DHrdW
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go, my point exactly Smile

Lets await for the big Wolf Twisted Evil to se if he knows Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= News =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: