:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Dodge Pro mod for UT2004

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NmS
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Dodge Pro mod for UT2004 Reply with quote

I just found an old mod for UT2004 that lets you practice trick jumping to move around a map as fast as possible. It remembers your best time and automatically records demos from ur runs.

I tried it out and so far I like it a lot Smile. It is similar as Defrag for Quake 3 (if you might know it).

Here is the link to download the mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dodge-professional-modification

I downloaded the starter pack just to check it out.

Link

I also added a demo of my fastest run so far on the map AimTraining. It is a combination of trickjumping and hitting targets to open doors. You need to install the DPM mod first before you can watch the demo.

Would be fun if more guys played it, so we can beat each others fastest time Very Happy
NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nms, check out who made the aimtraining map Wink not sure if the DPMCTF mod is in the starter pack, but if you want to learn shield jumping for ctf, you cannot get a better mod Smile

this is the "offical" video if ya interested, bit of a long intro tho, skip the first min

Link

Link

NmS
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol nice, you made those maps? Very Happy
NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've made a few Wink was an admin for DPM before i came to TCP, i would still host the website if i had the files for it, i cannot code webstuff tho to remake it myself. i cannot recall all the maps i made, don't have them on this pc atm, but alot have NM at the start of the map name in some way or another, rather short easier maps to try and encourage newer players, didn't work too well tho. must of been atleast 20 if not more iirc, was after DPM was popular tho so they arnt in the older videos. I helped combine "the big pack", few years ago now, still got all the files somewhere.

menace
WooT !!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks like they flying not jumping! awesome jumps!
NmS
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye, I like the fact that they kept all the weapon damage and physics of UT2004 the same as in TDM/TAM etc. So all the jumps and tricks you practice in DPM you can do too in normal games (if you have the health Razz)

Nice NM! I got the full DPM package now. 700 MB Very Happy I use it to practice my movement, thnx!
NmS
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you install the full mod, there are a couple of files that will get you kicked by Anti-TCC.

FarnsworthCore.ChairEffect

delete all the Farnsworth files in the system folder, all is fine after that.
NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another mod you may like is Master Trials, its possible it was included in that big pack. Its similar but Mastertrials is aimed more at multiplayer, so can play with others. (There is DPM2 which is multiplayer but theres only 2/3 maps for it) MT has all the normal physiscs of UT as well so what ever you do in MT you can do in game, altho MT is more about pushing a jump to its limits normaly rather then interesting trick jumps. Tox would prob play MT with ya tho, i seem to recall him been quite good at it.

tXc`
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightMan wrote:
Tox would prob play MT with ya tho, i seem to recall him been quite good at it.

Oh yeah, used to play all the trick jump maps with Zion on the Elite server 217.163.23.17:7777 (best trial server still going).
Mastertrials is pretty crazy and fun with the jumps you can do with all the standard dm guns. We should put some fun game types like that on one of the TCP servers Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= General =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: