:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[Game Type] Re 1.0 Beta #4G - TAMv4, Freon v2, TDMv2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: [Game Type] Re 1.0 Beta #4G - TAMv4, Freon v2, TDMv2 Reply with quote

Re adds reworked versions of the popular game types Team ArenaMaster v4 (TAMv4), Freon v2, and Team DeathMatch v2 (TDMv2) to Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2004).

Re features Tracking Damage Indicators, server option for tracking damage indicators, Camper Beacons, a separate teammate radar, country codes and flags, new bright skins, fading console messages, four different death message styles, extended control over player colors, draw detection for overtime and camper penalties, server option to spectate enemies, team deathmatch pickup notifications, ability to keybind any adrenaline combo, ability to deny any adrenaline combo on the server, extended team message parameters, novelty awards, general TAM, Freon, and TDM optimizations and fixes.

Public Test Server
ut2004://173.199.109.56:7777/

Download the files necessary for servers and redirects, standalone games or demo playback.

Visit the main project page for more information.

Last edited by rejecht on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:40 pm; edited 12 times in total
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, really!

It's already installed on FH#4. Smile
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks. Very Happy

I've done all I can to test it first, but I'm sure there are some bugs, hopefully very minor ones. Smile Let me know how it works out! Smile

Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rly nice work rejecht!!!!

There is a spec bug. If u spectate a person in the first person view.
U have to every round to select the person u want to watch and have to press the first person button.
Only the 3rd peson view works.

Its nothing special but it sux a bit if every new round to press the view key.....

Very Happy

Rly well done rejecht, respect!
}TCP{Cloud
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks promising, will check it out tonight at fh4. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NmS
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon all those options you see on screen can be disabled?

The name of the gun while switching is huge and in the middle of the screen. I don't need to read it, cos I know to what weapon I switch.
Same for the damage indicator, I know from what side I get shot from.
Also, all those messages that are shown in the screenshot really block your view. Can the size be adjusted?

But if all those options are optional, i.e. players can disable them if they want, I am happy Smile
menace
WooT !!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NmS wrote:
I reckon all those options you see on screen can be disabled?

The name of the gun while switching is huge and in the middle of the screen. I don't need to read it, cos I know to what weapon I switch.
Same for the damage indicator, I know from what side I get shot from.
Also, all those messages that are shown in the screenshot really block your view. Can the size be adjusted?

But if all those options are optional, i.e. players can disable them if they want, I am happy Smile

yes it can under but if u uncheck it later will be on on next map switch so u have to check and uncheck again.. (bug?)

And adran. if u boost and get killed that adr. if u boosted till 70 or any other u can use those 70 next round. bug?

press Escape and on Options right u can set all.
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, keep 'em coming. Smile

I'm adding the Heads Up section from the Help file in the first post, it gives a rundown of the basics. Smile

To change most of the settings while in-game:
[Esc] -> Options
Adjust font size for most things, turn stuff on/off, (...).

@NmS: Let me know if there are some settings that aren't configurable. The Weapon Name has the same font size, I just moved it up, but it honors the bHideWeaponName ini setting, which should be in options, too. You can reset bHideWeaponName in the User.ini.

@}TCP{Cloud: Hey, catch some bugs on the way. Your blade should hit them all. Razz

@Marwin: Thanks! Very Happy I remember that one now; will look into it!

@ajulo: I see a possible bug for it not saving the correct value for bHideWeaponName (also: this is a global ini setting; all game types check this particular variable).

@ajulo: Adrenaline not reset on death while in active combo: Confirmed, it's a bug.

Last edited by rejecht on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline Frozen at End of Round

I fixed a TAM bug where adrenaline was reset IF you were in a combo at the end of the round. It now also prevents adrenaline combos from being activated when a round ends.

What I am curious about is whether this has had a positive or negative effect.

Let's say I activate Booster! and when the round ends my adrenaline is frozen at, say, 70. Razz
When the next round starts, I've got 70 adrenaline points + any points I were awarded at the end of the round (these points would go into a black hole in 3SPN TAM).

}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing I'd like to suggest... I've seen players joining, finding a crosshair different from the one they used to know and before I could explain how they can change it, they left saying "this is crap". Razz

So better have the crosshair option turned off by default. Smile

Also, forced enemy skins seems to be disabled for some and enabled for others. Those who have such an option set in their User.ini will still see identical skins with ReTAM.
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Coco wrote:
One more thing I'd like to suggest... I've seen players joining, finding a crosshair different from the one they used to know and before I could explain how they can change it, they left saying "this is crap". Razz

So better have the crosshair option turned off by default. Smile

haha That's a good point. Noted under suggested defaults.

}TCP{Coco wrote:
Also, forced enemy skins seems to be disabled for some and enabled for others. Those who have such an option set in their User.ini will still see identical skins with ReTAM.

Yeah, forced enemy skins is what I called Custom Colors in the settings ([Esc] -> Skins).

Okay, so do you mean some pawns get the custom colored skin, while other pawns don't? Or, do you mean other players set Custom Colors, but don't get custom colors?

I know there's a delay when you change the settings from Custom Colors to something else; you have to wait till players get respawned before the settings kicks in.

If that's not the issue, then it would require a deeper investigation/more information.

By default, it's enabled for all; green skin for enemies, your team color for allies/teammates.

NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rejecht wrote:
}TCP{Coco wrote:

Yeah, forced enemy skins is what I called Custom Colors in the settings ([Esc] -> Skins).

Okay, so do you mean some pawns get the custom colored skin, while other pawns don't? Or, do you mean other players set Custom Colors, but don't get custom colors?

i *think* what he means is what me/badassfrau and several others use, is we force default skins in our ini files anyway, so even in normal DM with no mods, i only see gorge character on everyone. But if thats the case then its nothing to do with this mod coco, i can write a quick tutorial on how to do that if you want?

rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah.. Skins meaning Player Models/Characters? I always think of skins as the textures. Smile

Anyway, the 3SPN logic that overrides the custom player models/characters is not part of this mod, so if the setting is in the User.ini, there's nothing in this mod to enforce it.

rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re 1.0 Beta #2 - 2012-10-12 Reply with quote

Please see the Help\Rev1b-About file for changes and the homepage for known issues.

Last edited by rejecht on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my late reply, I somehow missed the posts that far towards the bottom of this forum. Wink

Anyway, Nightman is correct with what he wrote, I think. I haven't seen it myself, so I can't say much about it. I just wanted to pass on what Luja and badassfrau said on TS. As I don't use forced player models, nothing really changed for me anyway.

Thanks for the update, I'll install it today...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: