:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
They all float! (Mutator)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Server Setup / Requests =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: They all float! (Mutator) Reply with quote

Hi,

I did a UT2004 mutator which allows players to glide through the air at the expense of adrenaline (as if the game didn't have enough crazy moves. Smile)

- While the player is falling, the player can choose to hold down the crouching/ducking button to fall at a slower rate. The cost is two (2) units of adrenaline per second from the moment the crouching/ducking button is pressed, it's only usable while the player is falling, and the effect stops immediately when the button is released or the energy source is depleted.

Usage:
1. Obviously, players can use this ability to save themselves from the impact of a great fall, and in effect sacrifice some adrenaline instead.
2. If a player dodges off a wall, or a floor before the edge of some fall, and then uses this ability when starting to fall, the player can cover a notable distance, with ninja silence.

Basically, the ability this mutator gives the player is completely transparent to existing game controls, because the crouching/ducking key had no previous function for players that were falling. You wouldn't know it was available unless someone told you to use that button while falling.

- It's 100 % under player control. They player decides whether to use it to survive a great fall at the expense of adrenaline, for instance.

- The player has a natural amount of control while falling, so if you fall long enough, you can basically glide around a corner. Razz

The next version should have a user configurable power source:
1) an infinite power source,
2) adrenaline as a power source,
3) regenerative power source, like the shield gun has.

Choices 1 and 2 are in the code, but I haven't made the GUI yet, so it's not user selectable. Smile

Details:
http://sites.google.com/site/rejecht/muttheyallfloat

Download:
http://gethome.no/aremond/MutTheyAllFloatv0_9.zip

Any comments/feedback welcome!

NmS
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't switching to shieldgun and use secondairy fire be more effective then using your adrenaline for a fall? I would use that and use the adrenaline for booster.

The added movement options sounds more interesting, although I doubt I will use it if it will cost adrenaline Razz
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NmS wrote:
Wouldn't switching to shieldgun and use secondairy fire be more effective then using your adrenaline for a fall?

The only thing I can think of is that you're stuck with the shield gun, when you could have had the lightning gun in use--and it (usually) takes time to change weapons.

NmS wrote:
The added movement options sounds more interesting, although I doubt I will use it if it will cost adrenaline Razz

You're very fond of your adrenaline. Razz

The best option then is the one with the self-rechargable energy source, like how the shield gun works. It would work in ONS as well. It's probably the most work to make, too. Razz

}TCP{Cloud
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, so with this i can float above lava, and git people? :O
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Cloud wrote:
Nice, so with this i can float above lava, and git people? :O

Well, technically you fall a lot slower. Razz It would certainly surprise players at first, when you can suddenly stop a fall--maybe they miss you on the first shot. Wink (I used the word "float" mainly because I couldn't let the "They (all) float!" reference go (Stephen King's "IT"). hehe)

(I am also looking into making a LavaVolume mutator which throws the player up in the air on impact, like in Super Mario 64. Razz ..but it's probably not very useful to get thrown up in the air, hm, unless you use this mutator as well, maybe. Razz)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Server Setup / Requests =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: