:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
TCP Fun House 4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Server Setup / Requests =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m4ck3rz
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: TCP Fun House 4 Reply with quote

today i was playing in TCP funhouse 4 with many of the TCP lot,
i am a VERY regular visiter there, and have never done anything wrong before,.
i was upset today when both myself and my brother recieved PERMANENT bans for asking where the rules could be obtained.
a minor issue arroused when my brother used a "headshot bind".
marwin asked if he had accepted the rules, and he replied that he had (obviously true or you can't play on the server).
at the start of the next map i asked where i could find a copy of the rules, }TCP{Apollo told me they were avaliable to read in the servers MOTD, however on looking i found only the link to your forums,
i said in the ingame chat i would come here and read them whilst spectating the server,
it was at this point that we were banned with no reason or warning stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

up until now i have never had a reason to complain about any of the TCP players or associates, i have been playing with }TCP{Voice, and The_1_the_only for almost a year and a half now, since the good old days of TCP's 16 wave invasion server.

i have played many fun wars with a wide range of your players including:
partydevil, wigglebottom, snowbird, coco, christic and the list goes on.

i'm sure that if you asked for an opinion of me from any of the named players or indeed any of the players that know me in that server almost all will be positive (we all have our off days - i'm sure you understand).

~~~~~~~~~~~~

i hope you don't feel it "unfair" or "out of place" for me to be posting here, but i have no other options, i enjoy playing on many of the TCP servers for a long time now, all i'm asking for is the ban to be lifted, i don't care about an appology or whatnot, that will achieve nothing,

no hard feelings guys!

yours faithfully:
TEF'mKrz`. FORMERLY TEF{hs}
partydevil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaos is banned =o
that must be untrue
atleast he doesn't deserve 1 if you ask me

@ headshot keybinds
i don't see the problem
but it seems that some people don't like it
just don't be botherd by it and play on =/
and i sure can't see why that can be resolve in a ban =/
a mute whold suite enoufg if it's rly needed
admin abuse if you ask me tbh
and if it is in the rules then it's a louwsy rule

unban chaos FTW

btw do you guys rly think people actualy read the rules?
no way, people just wait and go play

(do you mind if i keep calling you chaos?)

Last edited by partydevil on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:10 am; edited 3 times in total
m4ck3rz
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ofc not PD, chaos all the way mate:D
and i've never been the slightest bit about binds i must say,
and as it happens, i have read the rules once, but i can't for the life of me remember anything about binds...?
maybe my brain is dead atm, but i shall have a look for them:)
thanks for the support partydevil, much appreciated!
Apollo
ber Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see why you was banned, you did nothing wrong imo.
I am not a admin on this server.
Admins are, Coco, Christic,Cent and Marwin.
Its up to them to sort this out.
NmS
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some odd server rules settings if you ask me. For instance I can't use my bind that switches from FOV 90 to FOV 80 and back. It isn't allowed anymore, while changing the FOV is just perfectly normal within the game.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chaos, I was not around and do not know what went on, but I am sure it will come up in the members section. As for you both being banned, it seems unlikely that it was done on purpose. Let us discuss it and we will get back to you. Frank

Fresh Prince: Will Smith
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

First of all, I must say that I wasn't there yesterday, so I don't know what exactly happened. In my opinion, nobody should be banned without at least being given a reason.

About the rules: You are right, they are not written here anywhere and that probably is a mistake that should be corrected. As you write, we can't expect everybody to remember the rules for his life. On the other hand, there's not much unusual in them. Besides fair play rules, we just have the "talk English" and "no pushing" rules. There's not much room for additional rules and that's why we kept them very basic.

Concerning headshot keybinds: There's nothing in the rules about it and in my opinion, such a bind can't be the reason for a ban. However, personally I don't like them at all and I don't see any reason for using them! The one who receives a headshot will always know it (from his drastically reduced health or when he sees his burning head while lying on the ground) - so there's no need to tell him. As for the others, they shouldn't care at all. And if you think they should be informed about it, I call that pure simple bragging. Finally, all that you achieve is making your victim angry because you say something obvious and suggest he is too dumb to find out himself. Razz

Anyway, I have an idea why the two of you were banned (it's pure speculation though). We have observed the TEF guys joining running, balanced games numerous times (and thus unbalancing them) and at the same time leaving again when they're about to lose. This generally results in strengthening the winning team or weakening the losing team, which isn't fair play anymore. Now don't get me wrong, I don't say you always do it like this, but it happens regularly and I know it drives some people mad. We also tried to talk to some of you (like Rey or Hectic, for example), but they just said it wasn't true. Well, instead of simply joining we'd prefer if you joined as spectators first and became players when the game becomes unfair or the players agree when you ask them. And of course a started game should be finished, if possible.

Nevertheless, I believe a ban wasn't really necessary here and we simply should have talked instead. I would revoke the ban now, but I'm sure you'll understand that we should hear the one(s) who banned you first. As said already, this is just speculation and I don't know what really happened.

@Nms: You're right, the FOV value is locked now on FH#4 (as well as the rolloff value btw.). These are features of the current version of AntiTCC. Both, setting FOV or rolloff at client side are legal actions, of course, but they give that client a benefit over the others because the FOV can be used as mini-zoom and rolloff enables the client to hear other players from far away. However, if you really wanna have it back, I could turn it off again. Wink

Coco.
partydevil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats FOV?

is that gonna be in that tutorial your making nms?
Apollo
ber Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Field of view = FOV. Wink
partydevil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds intresting
Centurio
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ave

Sry to hear !! WTF happend i was there?????? all i noticed was that marwin asked u guys if u read the rules , on witch u answered u gonna look for them! Marwin didnt say anything about a ban . If he banned u for your keybind...thats pathetic!! Did u maybe typokill him? i really dont know, dont worry the door to #4 is open. Smile
Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One point of the server roules says, that nobody should make a typekill, and hectic give me not 1.....2 lg shots as i was talking with cent (he was spec).

And u mkrz, have we not a nice chat, after i said to hectic if he know the server rules?

I made no snapshots, and tcp havent a server chat log ......o.O, so only u and me and the peeps there know what we have talked.

Remember u of some words like " dont make me laugh marwin " and so on blah blah.

I wanted to gave u a ses ban, but the checkboxes r too close together, so i clicked u for a ban. Sry about that and i unbanned u both now!

Anyway, its time to give my admin rights and my rs back (it never worked 4 me, whatever the reason is). Coco can u delete it? Ty!
Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found now the server chat/log, but it include ONS(32), FH1 and FH3(1on1), FH 4 isnt included, pitty Razz

For example how it looks like, have a look:

partydevil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marwin wrote:
One point of the server roules says, that nobody should make a typekill, and hectic give me not 1.....2 lg shots as i was talking with cent (he was spec).

if you wann speak whit people that are in spec then go spec aswell

don't bother people that wanna play whit "i was typing"
if in the middle of a round you stop walking and start typing then evry1 must stop shooting you?
well thats a easy way to get rid of people that follow you -.-'

this typing kill rule should be changed to " typing begin of round"
i can understand that a round sometimes start to fast and your still typing
people shooting @ begin of round @ talking people is lame yes

but when it's mid round and your still / again typing then that is your problem
people are shooting around you, you know
Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, pls party can u simply stfu sometimes?

U wasnt there!

U r also one of these guys to give afk or typohs, and say then i saved u from a idle kick........urgs kotzt mich das schon an.

Cent left 4 some reason (dunno what one), so i taked his place. He come back and joined the game, but go spec to do not uneven the teams. And i asked him if he want his seat back or something. And inbetween the 2 lg`s.

I do not take the talking icon to super shield my body, if u think that.

And typokill is a server rule on fh4 ---- point.

Some peeps old scool and some simply not!

Marwin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Server Setup / Requests =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: