:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DM-Defend the core. Blue
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Custom Maps =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: DM-Defend the core. Blue Reply with quote

Hey guys. I have made maps that have never been finished, and before "I die, or fade away", I want these unfinished maps to be published, and anilized, (OMG, I need an english coarse). No, I do not plan on going anywhere ATM, but if something were to happen, and these maps were to go unnoticed, it would really be a shame.

This is the last one that I was working on. I started it about Janurary 2007. That is the time that I started Jochen's (Krabbelricher) house. And since then, I have not got much done. There are allot of things that are not done yet, but considering my position right now, I do not think I will finish much here. If someone has a sugestion, I will improve it.

I have more maps, that are also nice. But like I said, time is my enemyI will get them done, to a point, where they can be played, and post them here in the next few weeks. I am under allot of stress ATM, and I will always try, as I have in the past, to do honors to the TCP family. Frank

Fresh Prince: Will Smith

Last edited by }TCP{Snowbird on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank, I've dl-ed your map.
I will take a better look later, when I am more awake. ^^
Had a quick look now, though, and it looks interesting, and looks like you've used the UT24k material well, in my opinion--and Hail to Carnage on the monitors. Very Happy I'm not the right person to judge map size, though. haha

Regards,
Ray
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monitors on the walls are supposed to have all the TCP Peeps in it, like Sinfonia, but I do not have all the pictures gathered yet.

It is a "Spacey" map. The rooms are large, but there are not that many hallways. It is missing allot of deco, and the textures are not quite right, but like I said, b-4 something happens to me, I want to get these things out. Smile Have fun, and feel free to play around with it.

}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started to finish this one. It will still take me a couple of weeks/months, but I would really like to get this one done.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than the obvious texture and missing deco problems?

I would really like to get some feed-back on this. Thx Frank

}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Hmm, I only tested it once and didn't have much time then. I'll look again and in case I have an idea, I'll let you know. Smile

I'm happy you're finishing it, maybe some day we'll be playing it as often as Sinfonia. Wink

Coco.
Apollo
úber Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny name for a DM map.
Sounds like a ONS map.
Razz
Just had a look. Its a nice map would go good for 32p sunday.
Ronny.
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i upload this map to out serv to?Smile. Ill change the name to }TCP{ In front of map name so people know its from TCP:). If i can?, i wouldent do anything without permission:),(dont like to step on anybodys toes) Smile.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ "The-1", Yes, you are right. It sounds like a ONS map, because I wanted to make something new, and something like this has not been made yet, I think. When it is done, it will have sounds like tank fire and other things you here in an Onslaught map. The very downstairs is meant to be a workshop. The middle is the "Entrance" to a big type of office building, although there ar eno doors, yet. And of coarse the upstairs is the "Core". The idea is a good one, and has a few new ideas in it. Try jumping in the water in the entrance hall when you are low on life. Wink

@ Ronny. Yes of coarse you are welcome to use this and any of my finished maps. And, yes, please do rename all of my maps to the TCP name. My other maps here on the server are not renamed yet, because it would be dumb for the peeps to download them again, just to change the name of the map.

Thanks for your input on this, and I will continue on working on this untill it is done. You have given me another shot of Adrenilin (SP) Razz Frank

:O BTW, MBB's Map will be fixed here soon. The tank at the blue core gets attached to the outside node, and it has now been brought to my attention, that it could have been my fault, because I remade the bot paths. So I will look at that right now, and get this out to Carnage tonight.

[COCO] Transpulsar
}TCP{Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Map. I like it very much!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a closer look by walking around.

1) Some of the corners are obviously too dark/have no lights, yet, since you're working on it.

2) You have an "air lift" pushing players up. It works fine from the upper floors, but at the bottom floor, I remember having difficulty getting into that volume. It kept pushing me to the sides. I just tried walking into it there, though.

3) The center area could pose as a technical museum because of the airplane, and that core thing in the water seems to be some monument you'd see when entering a museum. At least in my world, that's what I was thinking, except for the metallic floor, though. Not sure it's anything but concrete in most museums. Smile

4) The water in the center area is good to have because it dampens the fall from great heights. I didn't notice it would heal too, though. ^^

It felt like a big enough space.
Overall I liked it.
GL!

(PS: Just don't make it possible to use the ONS weapons, ty very much. xP UT3 had a horrible good-looking map with some insane war of the worlds-like machine you can climb into, in a DM level!)
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys, and no I do not want to use the ONS weapons.

The ball in the middle will, with a little luck, be a replica of the Earth. But their are so many planes on the ball, I am a bit worried there would be a drag on the computer, when entering the middle room. And yes, a good side effect is that you can jump from the upper levels, and get 1 or 2 life points, before someone starts shooting at you.

I am confused why you had problems with the "low grav lift" from the bottom. I will check it out again, and try to fix it.

@ Trans, if you like it now, wait until the sounds and the rest is finished. It should really be a nice level to play in. Smile

Frank

rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Snowbird wrote:
I am confused why you had problems with the "low grav lift" from the bottom. I will check it out again, and try to fix it.

I checked again.

The only problem is that once you enter the field, you keep drifting in the XY direction you came in from, so if you don't compensate enough by reversing the XY direction , you'll fall out on the other side (I approached it from the side).

If I approach it straight on, I would hit the wall in front and stop moving. I assume you're not finished with this place yet, since I don't see any fans or whatever the force is supposed to be. ^^
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I want to add fans, or some type of sucking sound. I am not sure wich yet. I was not even sure if <i wanted to keep this type of "elevator". Thank you for checking on this. I was aware that peeps would have to compansate, but I think a few blocking volumes would not hurt. Smile

}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have done a bunch more, and am almost ready to submit it. Now or never. I just want to get some of the pictures of our clan on the big screens. The only problem with the screens in this one, is they are all the same. I cna make them different, but that will be in a later update. I have been sitting on this one since 2006, and after 2 years of work and waiting, I think it is time to get it out, do- or- die. I will get the pictures of the TCP members on the screens tommorw, and get this out as soon as that is done. I hope you guys will like it. Frank

}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the DownLoad, and it is now named DM-DefendTheCore. I had problems with the original name, DM-}TCP{DefendTheCore_Blue, so I renemed it to something that will work for now. The Bots are happy running around, but with no pickups, they don't do much. I did not add pick-ups in this, because I figured it would end up on TAMS, and there you just do not need them.

I have been working on this for about 2 years now, and I know there is allot missing, but lets see if this is a fun map, and I can work from there if needed.

There are a few bugs. Try getting out of the pool on the "low Gravity Lift". There is a ledge, and there should not be. The bots do not use the map very well, but they use it. The lifts are a bit laggy, try jumping on them, and they should work. If there are big problems, give me a ring, and I will fix them.

I hope that this map will be fun. Like I said, I stuck 2 years into it, and It is still not done. :/ Frank

OH, BTW, When this is put on the server, it belongs to TCP. Add the name if you can. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Custom Maps =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: