:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Working with UnrealEd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Working with UnrealEd Reply with quote

I wont learn to create something in UTEd. Can anybody show me here good tutorials???

Marwin
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marwin!

Check out this post from Meledictum!

Coco.
Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY!!!

Marwin
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask, and ye shall receive!!! Nedd help, just ask Frank, or Kobra, or Meledictum. There are a few others here, but am not sure if they are still active. Confused

Fresh Prince: Will Smith
Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, if i have any question i will post it here!!!

TY Frank for support!!!!

Marwin
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime. Wink Just some basic rules:

Never save any of the "packages". Some times when you are working in the editor, you open packages for textures or Static meshes, and when you close the Editor, it asks sometimes if you want to save this package or that one. ALWAYS say NO.

If, when you open up the editor, and you see only white screens, you just have to reconfigure your viewports.

That is all I can think of at this second. Smile

Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why i should say "No"? I would lose the new textures and meshes. With textures and meshes u can create new vehicles with new weapons................maybe a }TCP{ flak canon tank, or a sniper manta, gattling space ship or something else. If u say no u will lose it. Then is all set to default.

Thats what i think, i am not sure!!!

Marwin
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have absolutely no clue about mapping, but what I could think of is that the packages are used by other maps, too. So if you modify them, the can become unloadable because every package his its unique ID. If you want to save textures, etc. into an external resource other than your map file, you'd probably do best to create an own package.

Just my thoughts about it...

Coco.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry. I did not finish my thought on the packages. (it was this morning, and I am not a morning person)

You can only "save" the textures you use in your own package. And I put "save" in quotes, because it is not saved as you may think. To make your own texture, you have to do several steps, but do not get scared and quit on my yet. Once you do it once or twice, it becomes fun and easy.

Lets say you have a nice texture that you want to add to your level. It is already a *.dds file. You can use others, like targa, BMP, PCX, or UPT files, but I like to stick to DDS. The texture HAS to be a multiple of 4 and has to be something square or rectangle. Take for example a square of 256 x 256, or 512 x 512, or a rectangle like 512 x 1024. Any combination of these will work. You will get used to that also. Smile

Next thing you do is go into your editor, and open your texture screen. Up on the top of the texture window, you see the old known windows commands, like fille, edit, view, and filter. We want to click on "File". In the popup menu, click on "Import". Now just find the text˙re that you want to add. You have to be careful now. You can not pick just any name.

Look at the picture. The first field "should" be myLevel. There is also a reason why I say "should". The myLevel package gets saved automatically, and should be used until you get used to the importing, and the funny way the editor works. The group is just where under myLevel the texture is going to be placed. It could also be blank, but for now fill it in. And the name is the name of the texture.

Now go in the texture browser, and pan down until you see your myLevel package. Your texture should be there.

If by chance you have already saved one of the editors basic packs, I would suggest a reinstall.

If you want to use this texture in another level, there is an easy trick, but that is another post. You can not really "copy" your myLevel into another map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: