:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
ONS-}TCP{WinterStormFinal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Maps / Node Setup Requests =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charly
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: ONS-}TCP{WinterStormFinal Reply with quote

Hi guys,
i have a little question about this map (btw. it is a really great map). Is it possible to create a wall or something like this around the transporter on top of the homebase?? In nearly every match there is a 'notveryfriendlyguy' who park his raptor on this position.
This is exactly the time i leave the game or i will be banned for flaming the *********** guy.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of coarse. Everything is possible. Smile I will open my "magic box" and see what I can conjour up. If there is anything else that needs to be done, tell me, and I will do it.

Oh, and thank you very much for the compliment. Very Happy Frank

***EDIT***

BTW, have you ever noticed that there are 2 miniguns up on the top, to take care of any annoying "birds" in the area? I knew that this was going to be a decision point for a dieing core, so I put an escape route out to the top, and put the miniguns there to take care of anyone who would be sitting up there and shooting the poor souls that come out of the teleporter.

My editor is now open, and am looking at the spot now. Smile

Fresh Prince: Will Smith
Charly
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,
thank you for your answer and your excellent work. Im very sad that some player need to play this way.
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Frank, what he means is that an enemy player is parking his vehicle exactly on the teleporter without exiting the vehicle. Any player who wants to teleport to the roof from inside the base will be killed because he is directly teleported into the vehicle.

Extremely lame way of play... annoys me too!

Coco.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I thought Charly was talking about the flying whosey-me-what thingy, but then figured it out. I have a solution, but now I have a problem for the solution. If I build a house around the teleporter, someone can still shoot the guy as he is coming out of the teleporter. I was going to make the house out of glass, so that the person coming out, can see if there is someone there. But still the problem is that the plane can constantley shoot at the exit/exits. Hmmmm...... I just had a good idea. Smile More later.

Charly
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Coco is right, i should not use the word 'park'.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some snow? More wintery sounds maybe? Or would all of this be a distraction? I have placed a simple building on top of the teleporter. I erally do not like it that much. It has 2 "exits" leading too both objectives. I will leave it like this, until I think of something better. I am putting snow in now, and will test it to see if it "boggs" the system down. Smile

}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, snow is a nice idea, I think. Fits to the theme of the map. I hope, performance won't drop too much with this.

I'm not sure about that building thing. It might becmoe hard to get into the base and attack the core if the defenders camp in that building. Maybe, some kind of pole (or maybe more of them) would be sufficient to prevent vehicles from blocking the portal?

Btw., I never experienced the enemy shooting all defenders coming out of their base, so I guess this wouldn't really be a problem.

Coco.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aggree with you. Peeps would sit in the building and just shoot others trying to go down. Maybe a blocking volum would be the best. Smile

I have noticed on this level, that more activities are on the bottom of the ramp, and not on the top. But I can see where someone would "sit" on the teleporter to kill others.

OK, new try. I will try a blocking volume and see what happens.

THE SNOW: I have placed a wether effect in the game, and do not like the outcome. This is why I never did this b-4 . In the bulding and under water, and all over, you now have snow. It lags the game and makes the DL bigger. Yes, when you come into the game, you say "WOW, Winter is really Snowy!!!" but then it becomes a pain. I would rather leave it the way it is, unless I hear sometihng else. No Snow.

}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Okay, I trust in your experience there. No snow then. Wink

Coco.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Maps / Node Setup Requests =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: