:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Shocked UT3 Tha Demo !!!! Shocked
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
}TCP{Carnage
-=HeAdShOt=-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: :shock: UT3 Tha Demo !!!! :shock: Reply with quote

Go and get it Smile

UT3BetaDemo

Unreal 1 - 32 slot 227h- }TCP{ Funhouse #6 [MonsterMash !!]-:: Go There ::-
Unreal 1 - 8 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #7 [TeamArenaMaster !!] -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #1 [TAM / Freezetag] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 32 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #2 [Freon Madness] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 2/4 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #3 [1vs1 or 2 vs 2] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #4 [ONS/TAM/AM/Moso 12p] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 8 slot }TCP{FunHouse #5 [TAM/1on1-DM] !! -:: Go There ::-

Open Source Beer
The }TCP{ Website

Last edited by }TCP{Carnage on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
}TCP{Cloud
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading..Very Happy Will post screens etc. later how it looks and runs on my pc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: :shock: UT3 Tha Demo !!!! :shock: Reply with quote

Hi!

}TCP{Carnage wrote:
Go and get it Smile

Good service, Carnage! Very Happy

Anyway, I think I needn't try the demo, cause my PC can hardly run UT2004. Sad But I'll buy a new one soon...

Coco.
cleopatra
ber Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n1 carnage but i cant download it here they have max 1 gb. of internet after that is 3 euro for 1 gb.

i allready dowload 5 gb

i ll download it when i come home...

řŅĠξ, Ẅľדּ, ŔMşŝ, Ĉếẹ, ζżςţ, қĨŀļểг, ĈҺĔŜҢřẽ, Ţ@ζ, vń, şņŵβįЯđ, ςőċŌ, ξŀļψ, ğĦǿ∫Ŧ, ỀИťїς, ŤЯŃ₪ŪĺĺŦỸ, ŚҝĂяĭפֿċūţ, ģĹňҒїĎđĈҺ, ҒЯ^, Sh≥^..
ċŐҰгĭĞŋ 2008
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: :shock: UT3 Tha Demo !!!! :shock: Reply with quote

}TCP{Carnage wrote:
Go and get it Smile

UT3BetaDemo

U R THE MAN of the hour!!!! I am tring to DL it now, but it looks like the server is overloaded. Very Happy

I will keep trying though!!! Nice find.

Fresh Prince: Will Smith
}TCP{Kerm
ber Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dude Im runnin to the other topic of UT3 Beta Demo and you beat me to it Thunder hope for you you dont meet me on a public server
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD great carnage! thank you... im downloading it =)
Pitbull
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can grab it here to. Cool

http://quickdog.net/downloads/UT3BetaDemo.exe

99% Complete.

It was only a difference of opinion, but really...I mean good manners
Dont cost nothing do they, eh?

ptll
Seek The Way, Find The Way, Follow The Way
Green River
Old Unreal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZePpEliN
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: we's Got It Reply with quote

Nice one Carnage Very Happy

Just spent the last few hours playing deathmatch. The game looks amazing!! Gameplay feels quit different compared to 2k4 tho.

Seems to run well enough on my pc
core 2 duo e6550/2gb ram/7900gs

Was getting around 30fps with max res/detail.
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, I also gave it a try and I'm surprised to see that even I can play it at around 16 fps in Duel gamemode with all settings to maximum in 1024*768 resolution. I have an AthlonXP 2400+ (single core, no Hyper Threading), 1 GB RAM and a Geforce 7600 GT with 256MB. It seems that the game by far isn't as recource hungry as all have feared.

By the way, you should alter the settings before trying the first match. Otherwise, they're all at absolute minimum and the game looks really ugly.

The demo contains only the following gamemodes: Deathmatch (DM), Team Deathmatch (TDM), Vehicle Capture the Flag (VCTF) and Duel (1 on 1 Deathmatch). There are 2 maps for the DM gamemodes (DM-HeatRay and DM-ShangriLa) and 1 map for VCTF (VCTF-Suspense). You can't customise your character yet, so there's just one default to play with (which looks pretty cool btw.).

Altogether I must say that at high detail, everything looks really great. I'm just having problems to recognise the emeny in front of the detailed background (the bots see you at once, of course). The game has pretty much from UT (the first one) and from Unreal as well maybe (it's been a long time since I last played this). The movement is a little quicker than in UT2004 and there are other similarities: The Impact Hammer is back (no shield gun anymore) and there are Shield Belt, Armor Vest and Jumpboots again (the latter are a little more clever, because you can still jump normally and use their effect with a double jump). By the way, despite what Cheshire (was it him?) told me on the server yesterday, the double jump is still there! The other weapons I saw are: Bio Rifle, Link Gun, Shock Rifle, Flak Cannon, Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle. It's a pity they didn't bring the Razor back. Smile And there's also Double Damage and Invisibility, as well as Health Vials, casual Health packs and the big Keg'o'Health.

In VCTF, I didn't see any new vehicles. There were Scorpion, Hellbender, Goliath, SPMA, Manta, Raptor and maybe I also saw the Cicada (but I'm not really sure, cause the fight was quite chaothic). The Hellbender has just 2 seats now, but the driver can use the weapon that belonged to seat #2 in UT2004, which makes the vehicle more powerful for a single player. What made me wonder was that there doesn't seem to be an AVRIL anymore. Either I didn't find it or it isn't in the demo.

In DM-HeatRay, there's the new Dark Walker. It took a while until I could get it myself, but then... WOW! What a powerful feeling it is to be inside! This vehicle is some kind of tripod (seen War of the Worlds?), which moves quite slow but is still agile. It has a powerful Heat Ray mounted in front of the head part. But the ray can't be steered; it can just fire straight foreward. This means, you need to turn and move the whole walker to aim. And turning is really slow. So this is the chance for the enemy, to bring it down while moving quickly. But be careful, the alternate fire weapon is an impressive battle cry which seems to stun the players in direct reach (I guess this was made because you can't aim the Heat Ray to your feet). The Dark Walker has about 800 health, I guess, and can be healed with the Link Gun. It needs some room to navigate, but thanks to its flexible feet, it can climb steps of about 4 meters height, so you can walk up lower buildings or sockets. It can also crouch to walk under high bridges, etc. Try it out, it's amazing! Smile

Ok, that much about my first impressions. Can't wait to play this game on a fast machine in the full version. Wink

Ah, one more thing: When installing the demo, there's also the AGEIA PhysX engine being installed. It is used by the game and usually operates in software mode, unless you have a PhysX hardware card installed. I think, it might be a good idea to get such a card, because the more happens on screen, the more performance it will need (thinking about Warfare). There are more and more games supporting such cards, so it might be a good idea anyway. After installation, you can find an AGEIA group in your Start menu. In this group, there's the properties tool for the engine (you can enable your hardware there) and among other things, there are also 3 PhysX demos which are quite remarkable and fun to play with. Especially the Cloth demo is really an eye catcher (use the right mouse button there)! What an effect...

Coco.
the_kay
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank you Carnage for providing us such a fast download (mine was 500MByte/s [EDIT: KByte, not MByte Wink], that is maximum download speed for me)

UT3 is really nice, though the graphics seem strange to me... the pixel seem so hard-edged... perhaps my graphic card (GeForce 7900GS) is too weak to handle everything.

A shame that there are only 3 maps and NO warfare game mode in the demo! But I guess that's the point of a demo, to make us addicted Sad

@Coco:
On the VCTF there is no Cicada (I'm pretty sure about that), maybe you mean the Raptor which looks in UT3 a bit like the Cicada in UT2004.
There is an AVRiL on the map though it is not easy to find. Look at this bridge. It has two towers. The avril is located on each tower on the middle plattform above the street. You can get there with a jump pad that is located at the side of the tower.

About the Dark Walker: An amazing vehicle! I was stunned about its ability to crouch and climb... very cool. What I don't like about it is that it's not very accurate if you don't stop moving you mouse for a second...

On AGEIA PhysX. It really sucks that I have to install drivers of a card, I don't even have Sad
Perhaps Atari/Midway/etc. has a contract with them...
From what I have heard, those PhysiX cards are not very efficient. You don't have big advantages if you have one of those, and they cost much money...
(at least that's what I read in the c't, a German computer magazine)

Last edited by the_kay on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
blackpool
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep getting error messages when i try play. my pc is good enuf to handle it
can someone help me
Rewind
-wOOt-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello }TCP{ Friends!

I realize most }TCP{ are Euro and Carnage will have a UT3 Demo Server running shortly - if not already Laughing

In the mean time, if you wish to try UT3 in online DM play, {KDS} Clan has 7 Servers up. (Eastern USA Based. Ping will most likely be 110-150ish Crying or Very sad )

Public 12 Player DM at: 70.159.97.27:7707

Public 12 Player TDM at: 70.159.97.27:7827

Public 12 Player vCTF at: 70.159.97.30:7727

Private 12 Player DM at: 70.159.97.30:7777

Private 12 Player vCTF at: 70.159.97.27:7727

Private 12 Player vCTF at: 70.159.97.30:7877

Private 12 Player Team-DM at: 70.159.97.27:7877

Send me a PM if you don't know our Private Server PWDs...

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by Rewind on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
blackpool
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the error message i get is
the ut3demo.exe has incounted a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvinance
PingKing
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even when i play at lowest setting i have 15 fps wtf i have a decent gpu and cpu me no understand

so because of this i have decided to build a new comp so far got a amd 6000+ 3 gb duo core cpu with a k9n platinum motherboard and a 8800 GTS 648/768 mb graphics card and 2 gb ram hopefully this will be better Very Happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= News =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: