:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Map Challenge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Map Challenge Reply with quote

Lizard Man has come up with a great idea for a map. I still do not have time to invest in a full map, (maybe after Christmas), so I am making this a Challenge (why does that word look so WRONG)!!!!!

Lizard Man wrote:

I just played the map and i noticad there where no underground things
Could anyone make an underground map that has trams, multiple levels, underground rivers, lifts in a volcaninc place for ons or maybe CTF?

I am challengeing all TCP mappers to a dual (TRIO, Quaddroupo....well you get the point)

Make this map b-4 I do. I see it like this. All of us do his own map, and then we put them on the server. We name them }TCP{ LizardsIdea-DAFrank, for my map, }TCP{ LizardsIdea-Tranq, for Tranq's map, and so on.

Each of us can then look at each others map and pick nice new ideas from the others and "steal" them for his own map. In the end, we should have a damn nice map. Something called }TCP{ LizardsIdea-DAFrank-Tranq-Mel-Kobra....errrrr....welll we could make a new name after that I guess. We need new maps on the server. I am working on a TAMS/DM right now, and 2 ONS maps, but will put them on hold until this is done. Come on guys, bite on this and lets get something playablle.

Fresh Prince: Will Smith
the_kay
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this underground idea is really great Smile
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest to place this map in abandoned metro tunnels, with stations, also caves etc.
Adding more Z axis gameplay to map could be interesting (and, BTW, it will make Goliaths almost useless).
}TCP{ZzCaT
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time... besides I've realized that making a great map has everyting to do with knowing how to use 3d studio max. I'm really not satisfied with what I can create yet. The maps I make all look so, square, so Unreal 1 like. I would like a more organic look but I don't have the skills yet. First I need to learn how to make decent static meshes.

By the way I've mastered the terrain tool so that isn't a problem anymore.

Delete this account pls
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought of a map with 2 bases for each team: one main base underground, and one secondary base above the main base with 2 or more lifts that go very fast from one base to another
this map could also have separate chambers underground for nodes and the goliaths could be used at the last stage of the game where u have to destroy the core (of course the core had to be on the surface of the map)

i was also thinking of putting a geyser in the middle of the map that starts at the underground level so that players could use it to go to the top levels
and yes it would be some kind of a "center of the earth" map
What do u think of this idea?

Last edited by Delete this account pls on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Delete this account pls
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any ideas that could also be in the map please post them here
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{ZzCaT wrote:
No time... besides I've realized that making a great map has everyting to do with knowing how to use 3d studio max. I'm really not satisfied with what I can create yet. The maps I make all look so, square, so Unreal 1 like. I would like a more organic look but I don't have the skills yet. First I need to learn how to make decent static meshes.

By the way I've mastered the terrain tool so that isn't a problem anymore.

Nice to see you are still with us. Smile

Also nice to hear that you have the Terrain mastered. I have heard that makeing maps in another program, like 3D max, has its advantages. I have never tried it, but I have seen the outcome. yes they are nice and flow allot better, if you have the time. I have made static meshes in MAYA, and it is really easy and they look quite good. 3D buzz has all the tuts that you would need. Winter is coming and it is time to learn again.

}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizard man wrote:
i thought of a map with 2 bases for each team: one main base underground, and one secondary base above the main base with 2 or more lifts that go very fast from one base to another
this map could also have separate chambers underground for nodes and the goliaths could be used at the last stage of the game where u have to destroy the core (of course the core had to be on the surface of the map)

i was also thinking of putting a geyser in the middle of the map that starts at the underground level so that players could use it to go to the top levels
and yes it would be some kind of a "center of the earth" map
What do u think of this idea?

You drew a nice picture of what you have in mind. There are a few problems with this, though. Vehicles would be almost useless in this type of map. A tank needs room to move around and anything above this would be useless underground, so now we are stuck with mantas, jeeps and trucks. Other than that, I say it is a good idea, and the "Z" axis mapping can begin. Laughing

Delete this account pls
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goliaths are used in the top level
and the top level is a big chamber with a geyser in the middle but the mantas and the scorpions are meant to go underground so that ppl can move quickly between nodes
i also thought of a water depot and there could be a big lift instead of 3 or 4 that goed in a tube in the middle of the depot kinda like in a tube made of glass so that ppl could see the water Wink
i have taken some ideas from other games like Arx Fatalis and Red Faction wich are played underground though
Delete this account pls
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate it if other ppl (not only in tcp) posted some ideas so that this map can be good for all Wink
Delete this account pls
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i remember where i got this idea it was from the movie "MATRIX"
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizard man wrote:
now i remember where i got this idea it was from the movie "MATRIX"

Interesting that you say that. In the underground scenes in Matrix, wasn't that all under water? What about making the underground parts of the level low gravity? Not non gravity but low gravity. That might be interesting.

Delete this account pls
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice idea and another thing no cristals just rough dirt and metal stuff no cristals cuz it just doesnt feel good to see a black and red map with blue cristals if u could change the cristal color to red then it could be used like lights
and what do u think of making a secret room with the names of the ppl that made the map and of course my name too?
and the underground scenes in matrix had also lava
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have alreaxy drwn a roungh map of how it will look like. I want to start on the terrain today.

}TCP{ZzCaT
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAFrank wrote:

Nice to see you are still with us. Smile

Also nice to hear that you have the Terrain mastered. I have heard that makeing maps in another program, like 3D max, has its advantages. I have never tried it, but I have seen the outcome. yes they are nice and flow allot better, if you have the time. I have made static meshes in MAYA, and it is really easy and they look quite good. 3D buzz has all the tuts that you would need. Winter is coming and it is time to learn again.

Of course I'm still with you. Just don't have much time to play. I will look into that Maya program because 3ds looks like a heard program to master.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: