:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Problem with map rebuild.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Problem with map rebuild. Reply with quote

I'm working on a DM map. Everything was OK, i was adding rooms, textures, static meshes, rebuilding and testing the map etc.
But now i'v got some serious problem:
When i open my map in UED and rebuild geomentry only - its OK. When i rebuild lightning only - its OK too. But when i Build All -well, it WAS OK. Now when i Build All the editor is crashing to desctop, i don't see any report about error or something like that. The Editor is crashing in the moment when i see in progress window "Illumination Occluding".
}TCP{Tranquility
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may be helpfull found on the wiki page

Quote:
UnrealEd crashes when I try to build my map
This happens occasionaly, sometimes it is caused by something easily fixed and obviously wrong with BSP (like you made a surface antiportal when you needed a zone portal). If this is not the case, it can often be resolved by copying every actor and pasting it into a new file. Note that unrealEd offsets everything when you paste it, so you might want to correct this to keep everything on major gridlines. Also removing lights is known to help.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Unreal_Mapping_FAQ
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could close the topic - i just loaded auto save and everything is OK now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: