:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Changing .u file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
}TCP{Carnage
-=HeAdShOt=-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Changing .u file Reply with quote

I want to make some small changes to a little program we have running on our Onslaught server
I also want to use it for the DM / TDM / TAM server but .. the proggy is just for ONS atm .. i have used UTPT to glance at the code and it seems quite simple to adjust ... only question is HOW ?? me dunno

So any help would be most usefull Very Happy

Cheers
Car..

Unreal 1 - 32 slot 227h- }TCP{ Funhouse #6 [MonsterMash !!]-:: Go There ::-
Unreal 1 - 8 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #7 [TeamArenaMaster !!] -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #1 [TAM / Freezetag] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 32 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #2 [Freon Madness] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 2/4 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #3 [1vs1 or 2 vs 2] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #4 [ONS/TAM/AM/Moso 12p] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 8 slot }TCP{FunHouse #5 [TAM/1on1-DM] !! -:: Go There ::-

Open Source Beer
The }TCP{ Website
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I have never started the ut2k4 editor, but if it's remotely the same as in U1, you can use it to make simple adjustments.

Start the ed, find the place where you can browse classes.

Now somewhere there should be a button or menu that allows you to load classes or u files. Load the package you want to modify, and the classes it contains should appear in the class tree somewhere - unless loading the package failed which the editor log will tell you.

Now... double clicking on the class should open a text-editor-like window that lets you edit code... hopefully you KNOW what you're doing because if you aren't, you will just mess things up :-O

Do you changes, hit F7 (at least in U1 that's the key to press) to have the code be recompiled (only the currently OPEN class will be recomiled by this action). Then you need to find the button or menu that allows you to SAVE code packages and you select your package to save....

Well that's about how it works in U1, I hope you can find the equivalents in the ut2k4 editor, because I can't bother to explain to you code exporting, folder setup and recompiling using notepad and the dos-prompt Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: