:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Unreal 1 statistics utility?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielKelly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Unreal 1 statistics utility? Reply with quote

I was talking to Pitbull, and he mentioned that you may possibly be interested in writing a script to possibly gather statistics and log them.

I would assist in writing any kind of code in PHP to fetch the logs and strip them down, and do any kind of calculations that need to be done.

I assume it would be more than just 1 master statistics site. So i would write it so people can run the mod on their own webserver so that they can keep cummulative statistics for their own server.

It is going to have to be installed by people who actually want to do this, because with php, i will have to ftp connect in, grab the logs and pull them to the server, so I doubt it will be able to link up to one master site, unless you had thoughts.

But I am definately interested in assisting if this is a possibility. I can also get some help with the folks over at ForceCore to write some of the code as well.

Let me know if your interested, I can start writing some code at least for the layout of the stats in the database.

Kinda like this: http://utstats.thenerdnetwork.net

Maybe not as advanced, but it would be awesome to be able to count up frags and that.

I am out, I just wrote a book here =D

Dan
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah crap... sometimes Pitbull doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut eh?

Well... right, I started experimenting with something, and yes if you really want any sorts of stats, I will not do all the work, especially not for free this time!

I would like you to give me another week or 2, then I will present the project on quickdog. I had already planned on notifying you and joe (BrakeDanceJ) about it, as you are the 2 people I was thinking being interested. When I present the project, I will show you exactly what I did, lay open the COMPLETE sourcecode of everything along with screenshots of how everything is supposed to work and instructions what YOU or other programmers will have todo to make use of the stats!

Here is a short outline of the project so far (I called it "UGHstats" but please give me a better one LOL):

My work will consist of 2 programs:

Program 1:
A UScript UTF mutator. Yes I am afraid, the whole thing will only work with UTF 10C and newer! Sorry about that, I will explain on the presentation why.
This mutator collects values and at the end of the map, sends them to a server. The data format is PLAINTEXT with the key\value pairs such as the GameSpyProtocol uses it, however with TCP/IP not UDP/IP.

Program 2:
You need to run a dedicated server that takes the incoming data that the mutator sends and puts them somewhere. Either a logfile or a database.
I will deliver a very primitive server program written in JAVA which writes everything on the system console. This is only to show that it is WORKING. You can even use TELNET and contact the program just to see if your network runs ok.
Since I will lay open the sourcecode of that program as well, you can take the source and write your own application to put the data into logfiles, databases, or whatever you want to do with it! You don't even NEED to take my Java program, I only write it for demonstration purposes, you can write a C++ program or whatever language you prefer that does the same job: get DATA over TCP/IP and do something with it! All I really care about is that I send the data out of Unreal in an easy to understand fashion. What you do with it then is beyond my interest.

I believe this is something you build on once I am done. I am willing to take wishes as to what data you want collected and sent. But, keep this is mind:

The mutator will send the data when a match has ENDED, so the time frame is "end of match" and "mapswitch". If you collect tons and tons and tons of data, the mutator will not be able to send everything before the Unreal server switches maps! So there is point 2, the server program that listens for the data should be somewhere close to the Unreal server(s). It doesn't have to be the same machine, it can be any machine on the internet indeed, but if you send the data around half the globe something is bound to go wrong you know Razz

I will not collect so detailed stats as in UT. I don't want to collect "most used weapon", and how many kills/deaths with which weapon... this is just ridiculous! We all know everybody uses ASMD the most anyway, don't need a stats program to see that Razz

All evaluation of data will be your job! I will not write data base accesses or any more sophisticated server program or whatever. When my mutator and my primitive server program is done, I AM DONE WITH THIS FOR GOOD! You can't expect much more from stuff you get for free anyway heh! If it is simple enough, I may be willing to enhance my java server slightly so that it writes logfiles. Email me a few examples of UT logs or whatever instructions if you prefer logfiles in a particular manner. That's all I am willing to do as extra, and I will not indulge in binary formats, logfiles will be plaintext or forget it Razz

See ya later on quickdog Smile

}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw Dan... is it intentional that I am banned from your forums?

Code:

:: The Nerd Network :: Forums Forum Index   
Critical Information   

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.

just wondering... Rolling Eyes

}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleh....
DanielKelly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I am not sure as to why you would be banned from the forums...

Whats your IP? Email it to support@thenerdnetwork.net and I will have this taken care of.

Next.. I am not sure about all the uscript and that, but I can pull and seperate data from a server with no problems.

The only problem is I cant use UteamFix 10 on my servers because you dont allow people to run 1 map servers, and all of my publics are deck only, but it would be cool to keep stats for it.

But whatever needs to be done, needs to be done, just this community is pretty torn by what mod to use, edm or uteam, it almost sucks to put a limit on 'you have to use this to do this'. But if there is absolutely no way to do it, or it is too much of a headache to do it another way, we will do it this way, I mean, all the unreal coding is yours, ill simply write the script to turn the exported logs into useful stats...

Now, I am not sure exactly what people need to know when they view the stats, I wouldnt mind hearing a little feedback, because once im done writing the database material, I dont want to have to tear it apart a week after i make it.

But, we need some kind of seperator so I can effeciently seperate the data using an explode function.

It almost would be nice to have at the end of the match, a log compiled in a format for each player like this:

Playername:Kills:Deaths:Suicides:OtherValue:OtherValue:OtherValue:OtherValue

But I just need to know what the output logs will look like, so I can determine how to accurately seperate and store the logs.

Any ideas what type of stats you can collect, and what the log will look like?

Thanks,

Dan
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per our little chat, I will notify you via email Smile ttyl
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://quickdog.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=86

This thread is hereby locked. All further posts are to be done at the official project site indicated in the above link.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: