:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
For Wolf - feature never included in utf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassPwr
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: For Wolf - feature never included in utf Reply with quote

Hi,

I was curious why this feature was never implemented into UTF.

I know it's possible where a player can run around with no weapons in his/her hand. And there's a trick which taz showed me once that lets you do that in game ( the slime ) lol.

So, why was there not a feature, that could be set to true or false that could enable it so you could have gametypes where the player started with no DP? just bare hands. This way you could have spawn protection working well so that no one can fire their DP while they have their protection, because some people play like that and fire away (charging up) and can kill others who cannot hurt them, or do not want to spawnkill. It just seems like an obvious feature to have, to make spawn protection work to it's fullest and so no one else can be hurt/killed by accident or intentionally.

Any thoughts or plans to include in future?

-=SnAkEbOy=-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wont be a bad idea but many ppl dont mind if you have a Dispgun or a better gun they just shoot you down.
i think the best thing would be if someone just replace it with the Automag.
BassPwr
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah easy enough to enable automag with utf but in some maps the automag has been included and giving it to the player already can ruin the flow of a map, and it will be useless unless dual automag has been enabled ( which can be very deadly, lol ).

I just think it's good to have something a bit different from UT where people respect the fact you can let a player spawn freely and find the nearest weapon to use. It can make for a more enjoyable game experience and easier going on new players.

-=SnAkEbOy=-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go tell this the prO spawnkillers ^^
BassPwr
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh believe me I have, alot in the past Shocked

in more ways than one. Rolling Eyes

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the spawnkilling discussion and methods to how to prevent it has been endless in the past.

It comes down to this:
People who want to spawnkill desperately, will do so, and there is nothing you can do about it technically. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but like a few other ones that have been suggested to me and NOT been implemented, it always comes down to people Sad I have proclaimed and do proclaim that spawn protection (at least in UTF) is meant to mostly prevent accidental spawnkills.

I can put it on my todo list, right below the other 5388 issues to be done Wink

Taz
For Custom Title Contact Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Furious wrote:
go tell this the prO spawnkillers ^^

I am one of em Razz
still it's not a bad idea..

5388? :l kerrazy :O
Kobra
-=SnAkEbOy=-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shouldnt be one..ur a ex-member of TCP...
didnt you learned anything here? lol
BassPwr
}TCP{ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past month Bikenut has enabled a 5 second spawn protection on the deck16 only server. I gladly welcomed this with open arms as it made a great improvement over the instant spawnkill crap it always has been (not that I do it myself!). But, this does not stop poor gaming. Some players still charge their DP as soon as their spawn into the game, attacking other players in a lame way, the spawn protection prevents the other player from attacking the person who is attacking with their DP. Some players know this and use it for advantage, but I only see these people as weak and desperate individuals who do not make Unreal a fun game, lol. It is also the same people who do this on purpose who used to spawnkill rape before the spawn protection came. You can't force a player to change their style, as everyone has their own beliefs of what a game should be but with the inclusion of spawn protection, surely it would make sense for players to use their brains and be more fair about the fact they are protected so should not have to use their DP to attack other players.

The jolt deck16 issues were a big reason for me making this topic.

I am curious if it would be possible for someone with the know-how
who could create a seperate server mod that could enable players to
start with no DP and that this could be compatible with UTeamFix (to
run alongside without problems).

Thanks for your time.

For Custom Title Contact Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The anger fills up inside of you and it unleashes a great force from DP :O

Like from me...when I cant do shit, I can do better, DAMNIT :O

You can always avoid with instantanous movement :O

and kill it when the protection runs out Razz
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB-303 wrote:
I am curious if it would be possible for someone with the know-how
who could create a seperate server mod that could enable players to
start with no DP and that this could be compatible with UTeamFix (to
run alongside without problems).

Thanks for your time.

Yes and no... I thought briefly about a hackish way to make it for all Unreal game modes (without UTF) and came up blank, so it probably would be best programmed cleanly, and that would require me to release an API package for UTeamFix, since the code of the current version(s) is non-public (you can thank RUSH for that).

An API package would basically be a "blank" UTeamFix with all the functions I want usable by external mods as stubs, from which mods can be compiled but not run. After compilation, the 3rd party author could switch the API package with the real deal and run his mod.

Problem:
Creating an API package also needs time, more than I can or want to spare. For such a "small" mod as this, I would be a lot faster including the feature myself into UTF instead of creating an API package to let someone else write it.

I'm not really breaking my head over it, because there are only a handful of scripters left in Unreal, and those have no interest in writing mods for UTF. And the few requests I get for such features are then either implemented by me or dropped. If somebody reputable like Zombie, Bozo or Shambler came to me with a request of an API package I would make it.

I noted the request, if I get by it some time it will be in UTF, if not, then not.... I am not making promises, neither am I dismissing it out of hand. Let's wait and see Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: