:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Sup?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Sup? Reply with quote

Hey people, how's it going? You guys still play UT2004 from time to time? (anyone even visiting this forum?)

Been a decade since last time I posted, that's almost half of my lifetime ago given that I'm 26... God, when I was hanging out with you guys I was about to start high school, now I've finished university and moved to the UK and got a shit-job that I hate.

It's quite chilling when I realise how fast these 10 years went.
Van
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on tight...it moves fast
}TCP{Ramses
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mele

Good to hear from you Smile

I think you will find shit jobs in most places, although employers in the UK are pretty good at creating them Razz

Yes there are still some of us who still play UT2k4 quite regularly, and others who pop in from time to time. I play on the Core Freon server most nights, it's about the only server left with decent settings (with CM and NO INVIS). Other servers where }TCP{ play sometimes are FFM, NEW and Like-A (and probably others that I've forgotten).

Your map is still on our server, although the fast map download links have been broken for ages so no-one plays there now.

Other }TCP{ peeps keep in touch and play newer FPS games, although no game seems to have matured into a natural successor to UT2k4 yet. Those with STEAM (spit spit yeuch) use that or other witchcrafty things to meet up and play.

There is a topic discussing the UT2k4 possible replacer games which will give you an idea if you want to dabble again.

Oh and the trick to slowing down time is to try as many new things as you can (it keeps the brain busy) Shocked

Cheers
Rams
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Meledictum,

it's nice to hear from you again. Will be interesting to see when you will reply to this. Maybe in another 10 years? Wink

Cheers,
Coco
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, glad to see that there are still people frequenting this forum and not the entire community has died out. It's kinda like digging expecting to find nothing but bones and dust and then it turns out that there's actually a really good party going on. xd

}TCP{Ramses wrote:

Yes there are still some of us who still play UT2k4 quite regularly, and others who pop in from time to time. I play on the Core Freon server most nights, it's about the only server left with decent settings (with CM and NO INVIS). Other servers where }TCP{ play sometimes are FFM, NEW and Like-A (and probably others that I've forgotten).

Got the IP adresses for them? I've tried using the UT2004 server browser, but didn't see them listed... Surprised that the master server is responding btw, I thought that Epic stopped maintaining the infrastructure.

Wasn't there a fan-run master server thing going on some years ago? Is that being used now?
}TCP{Ramses wrote:

There is a topic discussing the UT2k4 possible replacer games which will give you an idea if you want to dabble again.

Got a link somewhere? I do mainly Overwatch these days, but got a fair bit of flexibility, over 250 games on Steam and all that stuff, lol.
}TCP{Ramses wrote:

Oh and the trick to slowing down time is to try as many new things as you can (it keeps the brain busy) Shocked

Cheers
Rams

Pretty much, avoiding the daily grind essentially. The irony is that doing repetitive tasks that most people don't like also has the nasty side effect of making years go by without noticing.

Is there any kind of group on Steam btw? Or anyone got a steam account I can add?

And nah, don't worry, won't take me 10 years to respond this time. I mean, I do work 12 hour shifts on Thu/Fri/Sat, but I don't think that a 3 day delay is the equivalent of a decade, though in my workplace it sure as hell sometimes feels like it, lol.
}TCP{Ramses
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The games discussion topic is here http://www.tcpclan.net/phpforum/viewtopic.php?t=4109
although it's in the members section so you night not have access to it. Overwatch is mentioned in there I think.

The Core Freon Server 1 is at 149.210.146.142:8718. You could also try putting }TCP* in your buddies list, that might find someone.

That server shows in Deathmatch for some reason on my PC Razz

Cheers
Rams
Taz
For Custom Title Contact Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Meledictum! Nice to hear from you again. You will find that most of us are on Steam and in this group (Except for Ramses who won't move on Razz):

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheClanPunishers

I am still active from time to time, but I do tend to disappear for a few weeks and then pop up again. 5-6 people in that group play UT every now and then. Few of us did play Overwatch for some time (Cee, toX and myself), but hasn't been much of that the past months now.

You will find a list of servers on here: https://www.gametracker.com/search/ut2k4/
The Core server as Ramses mentioned, is full every evening, so you will always find people playing there. Ramses and I are usually on there most evenings. See you around!
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Ramses wrote:
The games discussion topic is here http://www.tcpclan.net/phpforum/viewtopic.php?t=4109
although it's in the members section so you night not have access to it. Overwatch is mentioned in there I think.

The Core Freon Server 1 is at 149.210.146.142:8718. You could also try putting }TCP* in your buddies list, that might find someone.

That server shows in Deathmatch for some reason on my PC Razz

Cheers
Rams

Hm... Don't seem I've got Members section access, seems it must have been taken some 9 years ago after I got far less active. xd

As for the IP, thanks for that, will see if I can use it tomorrow if I'll have time.
SobeK``
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Sup? Reply with quote

Meledictum wrote:
Hey people, how's it going? You guys still play UT2004 from time to time? (anyone even visiting this forum?)

Been a decade since last time I posted, that's almost half of my lifetime ago given that I'm 26... God, when I was hanging out with you guys I was about to start high school, now I've finished university and moved to the UK and got a shit-job that I hate.

It's quite chilling when I realise how fast these 10 years went.

I dont think that i meet you when i joined TCP Clan but Welcome back.

Cheer SobeK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Spam =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: