:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DM-DeepestBluest (Final)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Custom Maps =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: DM-DeepestBluest (Final) Reply with quote

A simple map featuring sharks, cheering crowds, and a meat grinder.

Name: Deepest Bluest
Version: Final
Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 2004 v3369
Description: Fight and win the crowd among the hungry jaws of death!
Comments: A simple map for simple pleasures. Anyone is free to modify this map under the terms that they rename it and keep the original credits along with their own.
Credits: rejecht (Level), benfree (Crowd Sample), DM-Gael (Steam Emitters), DM-Plunge (Jump Pad Emitters), Epic Games (Assets)

Download Page
http://sites.google.com/site/rejecht/deepest-bluest

SobeK``
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks nice rejecht!!
If one of the admin's of the server's upload this map i don't mind testing
or playing it myself Smile
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, SobeK. Very Happy
Try not to fall into the anti-shark electric field in the outer area. Razz

SobeK``
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha.. there are trap's i hear Twisted Evil good to know.. thanks rejecht Smile
your welcome mate Smile
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have feedback which should go for ALL your downloadable files:

always include all dependent files, assume the downloader has stock ut2k4 installed and nothing else...

Warning: Failed to load 'JumpShipObjects': Can't find file for package 'JumpShipObjects'
Warning: Failed to load 'dm-deepestbluest': Can't find file for package 'JumpShipObjects'

rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
I have feedback which should go for ALL your downloadable files:

always include all dependent files, assume the downloader has stock ut2k4 installed and nothing else...

Warning: Failed to load 'JumpShipObjects': Can't find file for package 'JumpShipObjects'
Warning: Failed to load 'dm-deepestbluest': Can't find file for package 'JumpShipObjects'

I'm grateful for feedback, but we have to disagree on this one, Wolf. Smile It's not unreasonable to require the latest patch.

If you were talking about the bonus pack, which was an addition, then I'd be more inclined to agree.

Admittedly, I had no idea that JumpShipObjects was not included in earlier versions of UT2004.

}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rejecht wrote:
It's not unreasonable to require the latest patch.

Agreed, so you are not disagreeing with me Razz

rejecht wrote:
If you were talking about the bonus pack, which was an addition, then I'd be more inclined to agree.

Basically any content that you can not expect a "pure" (and patched) game to have. Whether or not the bonus pack(s) would qualify as common enough to be expected to be on -ANY- game installation is at least debatable though I suppose it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to assume so.

As a hint from someone who spent over half a decade developing for Unreal: Generally people who mod and map have a reference list of files they compare against so they always know what to add to their deployment archives - or alternately have an installation purely for editing in which they put exclusively those files needed for the edit, another method of making sure to have the complete files. If you cannot be bothered with these 2 methods, a third one is having a "default" install from which you always have a backup to restore to, and on which you try your finished work, file by file - every time the game complains about something missing, you add that one after another...

rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
rejecht wrote:
It's not unreasonable to require the latest patch.

Agreed, so you are not disagreeing with me Razz

Ah, but I assumed this file was included in the latest patch. Apparently it wasn't. Smile I'm aware of missing package issues. Not all of the Bonus Pack content had BP in their name it seems.

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
rejecht wrote:

Basically any content that you can not expect a "pure" (and patched) game to have. Whether or not the bonus pack(s) would qualify as common enough to be expected to be on -ANY- game installation is at least debatable though I suppose it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to assume so.

As a hint from someone who spent over half a decade developing for Unreal: Generally people who mod and map have a reference list of files they compare against so they always know what to add to their deployment archives - or alternately have an installation purely for editing in which they put exclusively those files needed for the edit, another method of making sure to have the complete files. If you cannot be bothered with these 2 methods, a third one is having a "default" install from which you always have a backup to restore to, and on which you try your finished work, file by file - every time the game complains about something missing, you add that one after another...

Yeah, I know. I used to have the manifest.ini for some of the updates, to check which files were added, but I didn't expect anything like this in this case. I'll put it on my todo list. Very Happy Thanks again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Custom Maps =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: