:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
ONS-Substructure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Custom Maps =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: ONS-Substructure Reply with quote

Was bored the other day so i made an ONS map. Was just messing about with how the node system works and kinda got carried away.. normal for me. i know we dont play ONS currently or have a server for it, but feel free to take a peak if you wish.

ONS-Substructure - http://www.tcpclan.net/usermaps/index.php?dir=Maps/

not really finished, has no decoration atm but the layout and bot pathing is done, just needs to be made to look pretty and i dont know if i will bother with it unless people get back into ONS. not much point Razz doesnt have many vehicles, just a few hellbenders, maps not big enough for em. if i do another ONS map it would have more vehicles, just no point them been in this map Razz

~Night

SobeK``
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks nice from the Screenshots NightMan Wink
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, could be worth a try. Wink
-P-
}TCP{Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried it a few times, doesn't look to bad tbh, good would help to try it with a team tho Razz

couple of things that irritated me , spawning on either 2 or three had me accross the room from the locker with that ring of goop in the way, with the amount of spam that generally flies around in ONS these days it's gonna be fun getting to it

same for spawning at the bottom of the core, if it's being attacked your team is just going to get raped before they get up the ramp to the locker, actually tbh another exit there would be kinda nice

mine layer above a node .....shame on u !! :p

hellbender ok ... not sure about 2 of them tho ...kinda hard to say with bots tho tbh

all in all looks like it could be fun tbh, enough routes to make it interesting, no critcal nodes that can get spammed from every direction possible (thank god, they'll still all run to the middle tho :p), relatively fast paced and not all on one level

do some more :-p

NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx Smile

-P- wrote:
spawning on either 2 or three had me accross the room from the locker with that ring of goop in the way, with the amount of spam that generally flies around in ONS these days it's gonna be fun getting to it

True, will move it to other side

-P- wrote:
same for spawning at the bottom of the core, if it's being attacked your team is just going to get raped before they get up the ramp to the locker, actually tbh another exit there would be kinda nice

yeah i was aware of that, i didnt want the players to get weapons instantly and make them pick them up but there is a bit of a gap, i did want to alter that somehow but i just dont have any ideas currently that i like enough. i wanted to force attackers to attack from the top, so that turret can cover the base, adding a new exit is also another entrance to get into it.. unless its a teleporter to the turret which was my best idea atm.. if your lucky you spawn up top and get the LG tho. but yeah i do need to do somthing about that problem.

-P- wrote:
mine layer above a node .....shame on u !! :p

well you only get 4 mines to lay, no ammo up there, and also theres 2 attack routes, upper and lower, upper is best and easist way to attack, so if you waste your mines down below, your only causing yourself problems ;p i prefered the mine layer that side, as oposed to someone going up the jumppad on the otherside and landing on them.. speaking of weapons, i rather the gernade launcher worked like in TF2, no bounce.. think it would be much better as a defence weapon then

-P- wrote:
hellbender ok ... not sure about 2 of them tho ...kinda hard to say with bots tho tbh

yeah i thought that too, was kinda thinking 1 for attack, 1 for defence, i think it needs at least 1 each side, hard to know without playing it with humans

-P- wrote:
all in all looks like it could be fun tbh, enough routes to make it interesting, no critcal nodes that can get spammed from every direction possible (thank god, they'll still all run to the middle tho :p), relatively fast paced and not all on one level

hehe yeah, the original didnt have the middle node, it was core, 2 nodes, 2 nodes, core, and the two bio pit areas where extras, so you couldnt cross over the map, there were 2 ways to go, but i felt it needed somthing in the middle then tho. so now its the 1,2,3,2,1 node set up lol which tbh works well, not impossible to defend from it, but not too hard to attack it.

-P- wrote:
do some more :-p

doh Razz

-P-
}TCP{Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightMan wrote:

adding a new exit is also another entrance to get into it..

depends on where the exit is located, put it up high maybe ...a lift up to a drop in the roof maybe ....just a thought

Marwin
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....and now tell me what ONS is........

Razz

Marw
Christic
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st. lol fo marw !

Laughing Razz Laughing

yeah i also tried it a few times good job nm!!! nice nodesetup m8!
maybe some teleporter in the baseweaponlocker 2 get up on top would be nice try Rolling Eyes dunno
NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-P- wrote:
depends on where the exit is located, put it up high maybe ...a lift up to a drop in the roof maybe ....just a thought

there is noone high enough a small shield jump wouldnt get you up, the only place you could have thats hard to shield jump into is above the 1 node, inwhich case the defenders can just camp up there and have a free easy protected place to defend the node and prevent attackers 100%.

Christic wrote:
yeah i also tried it a few times good job nm!!! nice nodesetup m8! maybe some teleporter in the baseweaponlocker 2 get up on top would be nice try Rolling Eyes dunno

thx Smile yeah iv been thinking about something for awhile and i think i got a plan.. a teleporter at the base of the ramp, that teleportes you onto a ledge above the hellbenders/turret gun, high up, you can defend from there and pickup weapons, you would also beable to drop down onto either side of the wallway.. think i might go for that, will do an update when i have time and post it for opinions.

-P-
}TCP{Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that last idea sounds like a plan

would still be nice to try this out with ..."players" tho,
bound to pick up on more stuff then

NightMan
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

made an update, same location and name to download from

ONS-Substructure - http://www.tcpclan.net/usermaps/index.php?dir=Maps/

-P-
}TCP{Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really need to try this online

atm still see the core getting raped myself tho :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Custom Maps =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: