:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Timeouts and so...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Server Setup / Requests =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Timeouts and so... Reply with quote

Hi!

There are some things I very dislike in ut2k4 servers (TCP servers too), which had no place in old and the best Unreal 1:

1. camper timeout - it's too short! I have 512 MB of RAM and loading map takes some time. When I'm in I have decreased health/shield already because of camping Confused
  2. idle timeout - it's too short too! You can't even say hi and ask one question when you are kicked off Confused I know that ut2k4 is not a chat program, but sometimes ppl need to comunicate f.e. for help. It is impossible now Crying or Very sad
  3. TCC anticheck - I know nothing could be done, but I have a slideshow when it checks Confused In Unreal there was only a while, but now it is checking too much, it takes even 30 secs. I have ut2k4 converted to my language (such distro) and I even had to find and replace fonts package to original one (international), because I was kicked from servers Confused Now I see strange symbols in place of my national chars (all text/strings are converted to my language and there is no possibility to make it english Confused)

Maybe you can relax some timeouts?
Maybe there are some config parameters to make TCC taking less resources?

BTW: TCP logo is very nice Wink
partydevil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ 3

be happy it's TCC and only takes 30 sec

the kinda only other programe (safegame anti-cheat) doing the same checks for about 5 min's
and sometime gives 1 frame eatch 10 sec while checking
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been killed by camper timeouts a number of times, fighting for my virtual life. Not only that, but it doesn't take movement in the Z axis into account. The only place to camp would be on a lift, and a lift typically makes noise, so not too useful anyway, but of course, lifts are buggy so some of them could stay still, but the camper timeout code could probably check if it is on a lift too, if liftcenter and liftexit paths are present.. Anyway..

The newest Anti-TCC (don't remember if it applies to TCP servers) seems to have some bugs--the first round typically starts after packages have been validated, causing a major lag all of a sudden when it is checking the client after the first round starts. It also has some countdown errors. Counting 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-2-1. heh

The idle time hasn't bothered me that much, though. Been kicked a couple of times, but only when leaving the computer to get something to drink.. ^^ OK, it might be a little short, perhaps, but the team gets a useless player occupying a slot. Is it possible to force the player to enter spectator mode, instead of getting kicked after the idle time threshold?

}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alice. I know what you mean about the problems. The TCC is a must, although it does cause lag on the player, without it, well there would be more trouble to deal with. Carnage is doing his best to keep his server up-to-date. and I know Coco and the others (TCP 4) are doing the same.

The "Kick for Idleing" is a bit short, but we have had this issue before, and Carnage decided to make it this short, because of the peeps that were waiting so long to get into the 32 peep server. There were others that would just sit and download the map, and then just chat.

I also get the message "Camping" when I first come in. It is a pain, but this also helps keep the players running, and the game is more active. We could actually get this time corrected a bit. I am not sure how long it is, but it feels like 10 seconds or so, and if we added maybe 5 seconds to it, it would be a bit more comfortable.

The Logo is Carnages idea. I believe, Kobra helped him with it. Frank

Fresh Prince: Will Smith
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, yes, it's really a pain to have AntiTCC and Safegame on the servers. I got exactly the same problems as you described them above, Alice, because I also play with weak hardware.

Unfortunately, it's really necessary to have them, cause without, people are using aimbots which makes the game almost unplayable. Most of the time and delay settings are at standard values. They might appear very low if you want to get a drink or go to the WC, but if you make them just a little longer, they're sub-optimal against camping again.

By the way, the joining problem mostly arises right after joining the server. After a map switch, there should be enough time until the match starts. The fonts thing really sucks, I'm sorry for that. But due to the fact that AntiTCC isn't being developed any further, I guess you'll have to live with that. Or simply switch the language to English and you won't have any problems anymore (I did the same with my German version). To do so, simply edit your UT2004.ini and change the language line in the [Engine.Engine] section (first page of that file) to "int" like this:
Code:
[Engine.Engine]
Language=int

Coco.
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... same complaints from the 227 Unreal front these days now that a package scanner exists that goes over all packages. Just gotta live either with that or the bots....
Apollo
úber Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Hey alice, I got a problem with tcc.
I have keybinds, which I use with the num keys.
If I have the num lock on they work and if the num lock is off they dont.
Its like a little activation key. Razz
But if I join a server with tcc with num lock on, the server says I am cheating and kicks me, till I turn num lock off. Razz
All I do, is just put up with it. Mad
And yeh, it is anoying when camper warning is short.
Taking a wizz or grabbing a cold beer, is hard work.
What I do is, play 1 match then spec the next.
You know, go to the bog (bog=toliet) grab a beer or have a smoke.
Then join the next game or halfway in to the current 1.
The joining thing is a pain, but I have a fast pc and net so I cannot help you there.
Might just be something you will have to live with till you get better hardware or connection.
Anyway cya all in 2 weeks peace.
rejecht
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Coco wrote:
By the way, the joining problem mostly arises right after joining the server. After a map switch, there should be enough time until the match starts.

That's just it, it isn't. This is a new issue, though, and I only recall I experienced it on the utzone.de Fraggzone TAM server. Maybe they've set the wait limit lower. Just have to keep out of trouble the first 40 seconds or so.. :s

}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Coco wrote:
Hi!

...edit your UT2004.ini and change the language line in the [Engine.Engine] section (first page of that file) to "int" like this:
Code:
[Engine.Engine]
Language=int

Coco.

I have execly such line but still polish strings without national chars Confused
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be a Keyboard system driver problem?

Fresh Prince: Will Smith
}TCP{Coco
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Hmm, strange. It worked very well for me. Probably there's another setting to alter? Maybe in the User.ini? Try searching both .ini files and see what you can find. Do you have English sounds already?

Coco.
}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I hear english sounds.
Maybe my version is stripped from english strings Confused

If anyone knows which packages contain menu/ingame strings please list them. Maybe one of TCPs could upload them for me to download?
}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage, could you relax timeouts (idle, camper) on 1vs1 server?

Often when I play I can't communicate freely with player I play with Confused

I think 1vs1 server doesn't need to have such restricted configuration.

If you play on 1vs1 server you don't play with somebody you don't like Razz
}TCP{Carnage
-=HeAdShOt=-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will see what i can do m8 Very Happy

Unreal 1 - 32 slot 227h- }TCP{ Funhouse #6 [MonsterMash !!]-:: Go There ::-
Unreal 1 - 8 slot 227f - }TCP{ Funhouse #7 [TeamArenaMaster !!] -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #1 [TAM / Freezetag] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 32 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #2 [Freon Madness] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 2/4 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #3 [1vs1 or 2 vs 2] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 12 slot }TCP{ Funhouse #4 [ONS/TAM/AM/Moso 12p] !! -:: Go There ::-
UT2004 - 8 slot }TCP{FunHouse #5 [TAM/1on1-DM] !! -:: Go There ::-

Open Source Beer
The }TCP{ Website
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy You said this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Server Setup / Requests =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: