:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Builder brush problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Builder brush problem Reply with quote

Sometimes something is getting wrong with my builder brush: I can't edit it's vertex (I can't even select the vertexes), also when I rebuild builder brush (I mean: I left-click on the cube on the brush menu to the left), it's not alligned to grid. I don't know why that happens and the only known method is to copy the whole level to a new file. Anybody has experienced problems like this and fixed them?
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the editor has been running for awhile, it gets tired. Save all of your work, and restart your editor. The problems should be gone. If not try resetting your builder brush, by going to the top of the editor window and pressing "brush", "reset", and then "reset all".

Tell me if this works. If not then there may be something wrong with the editor engine itself.
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work - the builder brush is still unaligned. Like I said, the known to me solution to this problem is to take all objects on the current map and copy them to another/new map file. Damn, I'm really unlucky, first the colors (but to be honest it's not a big problem) got broken, and now the problem with builder brush. Ofcourse, it isn't a problem to copy all thing on the map to another file, but it could get ot be really frustrating when you have something in the myLevel package)
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Hmmmmmm!!!!!

That should have worked.

How large (KB /MB) is your map?

This only happens in the one level? And if you copy everything, it is gone?

Have you done this already? Has it happened again/more often?

This does sound familiar, now that I think about it. I think this has happened to someoone once b4. I will look some things up and get back to you. Wish me luck.

Oh, btw, when you copy everything into another map/new level, you will not beable to change anything on the walls and things. It becomes a permanent "brown" brush.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible, that you attached your camera to the builder brush, or somehow changed its rotation. If this is the case, then we can fix it.

open up the editor, and click on the builder brush so that it is active. right click and go to its properties. Under the movement tab, go down to the "rotation" and "desired rotation" section. there should be allot of zeros.
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAFrank wrote:
(...)

How large (KB /MB) is your map?

18 megs.

DAFrank wrote:

This only happens in the one level? And if you copy everything, it is gone?

Yes, it happens only on one level, and when I copy everything to another map, everything is OK.
DAFrank wrote:

Have you done this already? Has it happened again/more often?

It happened once, about 2 months ago.
Meledictum
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAFrank wrote:

open up the editor, and click on the builder brush so that it is active. right click and go to its properties. Under the movement tab, go down to the "rotation" and "desired rotation" section. there should be allot of zeros.

I don't know if this will work because I removed the "corrupted" map file. I copied everything to another file and now it's OK.
Edit: double post, sorry Embarassed
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was most likely the reason. If it happens again, try to manually reset the red builder brush. Good luck,.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: