:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Skinning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirfy
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Skinning Reply with quote

I have been trying to learn how to make skins.

I am redoing the Raptor Model (or known as Deinonychus) and I have made the regular skin, and the 2 team skins. I made the skin animate a bit (the stripes on the raptor) since no one else has made this version yet.

So far I have the "beta" version done and am really wanting to test it out. Problem is...I don't know how to get my stuff into a texture file. I know how to get the skins i wanted to edit OUT of a utx file and into a dds file, but now I do not know what to do after I finish making the changes I want.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in some way. Thanks!
Kobra
-=SnAkEbOy=-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why you dont just open Texture > File > New... > import your textures > save?
or do i misunderstand you?
Sirfy
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because it confuses me....im slow when it comes to this stuff. Kinda need step by step stuff since it requiers more detailed work than that. Not to mention I have more than 1 file to put into it (8-ish i believe) and im not sure if parts of the texture being animated means doing different things.
Sirfy
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I more or less figured it out, but for some reason, when i imported the skins, they seemed to "double"

As in, there would be 2 of the same image in the file i imported...but it isn't like that when It was saved. Not sure if that's normal...

I got the skin up and tested it in game, but the texture was all out of place. Nothing was where it was suppose to be 0_o I am better it was due to the "doubling" that happened. Not sure what to do about that
Kobra
-=SnAkEbOy=-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you import the map as a .tga file your texture will look abit messed up, but when you set the texture (normaly on brushes) you can edit the position with the help of the texture tool. now thats abit different from textures of vehicles/models... not sure about the other file types but .bmp works normal.
}TCP{Snowbird
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done modleing, but I can point you to a grest site with allllloooootttt of good mappers/skinners and anything you can think of.

You have to register, but it is worth it. Take tghe few minutes to register. I have been there since last year and have nothing but good things to say about these guys.

www.3dbuzz.com
Pitbull
}TCP{Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAFrank wrote:
I have never done modleing, but I can point you to a grest site with allllloooootttt of good mappers/skinners and anything you can think of.

You have to register, but it is worth it. Take tghe few minutes to register. I have been there since last year and have nothing but good things to say about these guys.

www.3dbuzz.com

Yes indeed! They have many VTM's there to. (Virtual Training Mods) or is it Video Training Mods?. Some of which were included on the UT2K4 dvd.

99% Complete.

It was only a difference of opinion, but really...I mean good manners
Dont cost nothing do they, eh?

pÍtßűll
Seek The Way, Find The Way, Follow The Way
Green River
Old Unreal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Map / UnrealEd Questions =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: