:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
uteamfix 10b - single map server not allowed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
th30n3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: uteamfix 10b - single map server not allowed Reply with quote

Hi all

Im trying to set-up a unreal1 server with utf 10b.
After a few matches i get a message saying : single map server not allowed check map cycle.
Is it possible to use utf with a one map server only?
If not how can i get rid of the message? I've already tried adding a few maps to the maplist but that didnt solve the problem.
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding a few maps should alleviate the problem, you will need to at least change the map ONCE to a new one map to make the screen disappear.

The license agreement clearly states that servers with only one map are not allowed, so the answer is that a one map server is not possible.

If your additional map(s) fail to load, check your logs in case you have forgotten to add a specific file the map(s) require to load.

There may be one other setting hidden somewhere called "changeMaps" or something like that (I forgot the precise name)... If it is set to false, change it to true.

Don't try to cheat by copying a map and renaming it, so that it looks like you are running 2 maps but in reality only run the same with a different name. This is detected and absolutely forbidden. If you absolutely MUST run a one-map-server, go back to UTeamFix 9b (and lose all enhancements created after 9b) or use Smartball's EDM.

th30n3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing to a new map did the trick.

Tnx for the speedy reply Smile

Btw why is it not allowed to run it on a single map server?

I'm running a few servers some with multiple maps, and one with only deck16 on it. Would be nice to have uteamfix 10b on that one as well.

Anyway tnx again
}TCP{Ramses
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I think this is the "problem" that was affecting the TQS server the other day.
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th30n3 wrote:
Btw why is it not allowed to run it on a single map server?

Unreal has always been kept alive in great deal by the diversification inside the community, both from players and developers (including "mappers" in the definition of "developers").

There are thousands of mods and and maps around (okay a lot are crap but there are MANY good ones) but there came a time when most servers I saw online were running Deck all the time... It freaked me out, because Unreal has so much more to offer than just ONE map.

Yes, I hate Deck, I didn't say the map is bad though! But what I hate even more are people who walk around the world with a narrow minded view. I have decided one day to stop supporting the narrow minded people and - if you want to keep using newer UTeamFix versions - force just a small amount of diversifications back in their lives.

This is a matter of personal opinion and I know a lot of people who disagree with me. I believe in diversification, you may believe what you wish of course. To use the newer UTeamFix, all you need is ONE additional map - just 2 maps total minimum... it's not THAT much asked really is it...

If you feel so bad about your "Deck only" server, you can still add "WMapVote" to your server as well. You will still need 2 maps at least which rotate through, but players can vote in game to skip and pick whatever they like. Also, this does give diversification a small chance when people are around that don't want to play Deck all day. For a one-vs-one server I suggest the 2nd map to be DmDemise2003, an excellent fast-paced 1-1 map from Jubei (if I am not mistaken).

Don't ask me to make a new version without the green screen, that won't happen.

On a side note...
by having more than one map in your server rotation, your 226 players will not encounter the "Ghost" bug either Wink

}TCP{ZzCaT
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's your mod and you're not getting paid for programming it, so I guess it's up to you what to do with it. You don't need to explain why it is like it is.

ZZ
}TCP{aLICe
...playing too much

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's nice to have explanation Confused
}TCP{Ramses
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit unilateral, trying to force players to your views (ever thought of going into politics ? Razz) and increases the chance of version conflicts Sad
}TCP{Wolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

}TCP{Ramses wrote:
trying to force players to your views

}TCP{Wolf wrote:
you may believe what you wish of course

}TCP{Ramses wrote:
ever thought of going into politics ?

No, I am way too honest, thus I would be a horrible politician.

}TCP{Ramses wrote:
and increases the chance of version conflicts Sad

http://www.oldunreal.com/UnrealReference/versions.htm

and

http://www.degroenepulk.nl/tcpclan/phpforum/viewtopic.php?t=1009

That was one of the reasons I made the poll to see how people think about updates in which manner.

But I think that's all beside the point of your post lol

Xavious
Vae Victus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, it's entirely up to Wolf.

But here is how i see it:

This system of not being allowed to have only one map in the rotation can only be an improvement. Mostly for exactly the reasons Wolf mentioned, that there is a whole truckload of great maps out there that nobody plays because they are all too stuck on Deck16. Personally, i think that Jolt should ditch thier D16 only server and put something else on. Perhaps like a different map every week.

Yeah, i think that's a good idea. There was a guy on Oldunreal looking for ideas to make a server, i think i'll suggest that to him.
}TCP{Ramses
}TCP{Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you know I dont like deck much either but I was really surprised that Wolf did this. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.tcpclan.net Forum Index -> -= Mods And So On =- All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: